Patteson's jar sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A simple 'how do you get them at that price?' would of been better than trying to
get than this one upmanship approach imho.

A simple 'how do you get them at that price?' would of been better than trying to get than this one upmanship approach imho.

Sorry don't know how to delete this second message

I buy almost all my jars from the special offers Pattesons have.. IMHO they are a great price and I've ordered 200 of the 8oz Hex Jars

It is interesting that Patteson's public offer price per jar on a 500 quantity is actually lower than the unpublished price you claim for a 1250 quantity.
And includes lids.

It is by approx £10 for a 1000 jar order, but as noted it is a "special offer" running at approx half what they normally charge. We also need a load of 12oz hex as well, so a Patterson's order would work out much more expensive.
I don't see a £200 order for jars as being large. But that is just the way we work.
If you want them at approx the same price I mentioned and in smaller quantities in North Yorkshire then Claro Bees sell them in Harrogate. There is no online shop with prices so you would have to ring them and they are only open on Saturday mornings as run by volunteers to help keep prices low.

But what the heck, pay whatever you want for your jars. In future I shan't bother trying to be helpful and tell people where they can buy jars at a reasonable price whenever they want them if this browbeating is the result.
I just think it's ironic that their special offer will only last for a short period and is therefore not the yardstick price for buying jars.
But I didn't know the southern branch would do small quantities, we only deal with the Northen Spinks Compak in Leeds who definitely do not do orders under £100 for pick up at their depot in Leeds, or £200 free delivery. Plus an extra 10% discount for BBKA members at any time of the year.
For anyone who is interested call 0113 235 0662 and ask to speak to Emma.

A simple 'how do you get them at that price?' would of been better than trying to
get than this one upmanship approach imho.

It probably wouldn't have got to this point if it hadn't been for the snidey

That's not a sale, it's cost price. It's a sale if it includes delivery and you only want a few jars.

What was wrong with just saying - 'I can get them cheaper than that (quote price) but only if I order by the ton' instead of just trying to appear clever and superior?

I can get them 'cheaper than that' but only because I order by the ton (I also get the lids quoted in the price) - just thought I'd pass on the information to those that may have been interested in the odd boxful rather than await the usual enquries and tell them 'you should have asked last week'

We also need a load of 12oz hex as well, so a Patterson's order would work out much more expensive.

I didn't see the hex in the honey section but now I've relooked they're just called Hexagonal Preserve Jars.

What was wrong with just saying - 'I can get them cheaper than that (quote price) but only if I order by the ton' instead of just trying to appear clever and superior?

You may have a point there too but 200 jars is not a ton and their price is for 36 on web site which is ridiculously small even for small time charlies like me.

I just feel that too often we end up with these sort of confrontations when everybody means well.

A bit like Compaq if you phone Patteson's and tell them you want a thousand or more - the prices are a lot lower than that quoted on the website (and includes lids) regardless of whether there's a slae or not; also what we don't know from this thread is whether the compaq price for a thousand is palleted loose or in boxes.
Patteson's supply me with them in boxes of ninety (it's easier for me to store and keep clean). The price is further reduced if you get them palleted loose

just thought I'd pass on the information to those that may have been interested in the odd boxful rather than await the usual enquries and tell them 'you should have asked last week'

Very decent of you.
As I've said at least twice it is a good offer for those wanting small quantities. But it is roughly the same price as you should be able to buy jars for all year round.
I have now posted details of where you can go and buy small quantities all year round with no minimum order (Claro bees), or how much you need to spend at Compak to collect or have them delivered.
And now I get grief about how I should have written it.
Well bullocks to this for a game of soldiers.

also what we don't know from this thread is whether the compaq price for a thousand is palleted loose or in boxes.

Compak sell them in boxes. 8oz hex come in 108 per box and 12 oz come in 84 per box. You buy lids separately either by the number of bought jars or by the box (approx 2000 lids) roughly 1.5p per lid but don't quote me on that as I don't have a current price for the lids.
You can also buy a pallet which comes with over 3000 jars. I don't have a price for the pallet.

I have actually enjoyed the verbal battle, thanks to everyone involved. And the judges declare ......... Itma wins.:winner1st:

Oh - I thought they were individually nailed to the pallet, or secured in place with a blob of stick like sh!t

:nono::nono: :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

That was a coofee spat all over the keyboard moment not worthy

Such tact.....and you didn't wish to escalate things with your posting?
"Originally Posted by jenkinsbrynmair

How droll.

Who is was Henrie Kissneger?... was he one of those moovie stars that blew things up and save the good ol US of A ?

Dyslexia lures....I can't believe that you are that ignorant.
Or maybe I can.
And why am I not surprised to see you sticking in your oar in:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back