Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Does anybody know how this works?
Is it a way for beekeepers to charge for mentoring? I see Norfolk Honey has pay as you go videos.

Hachi 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Should all be free if all clubs had a thriving club of capable beekeepers.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Thanks Peter. My daughter is a performer and teacher. I’m familiar with the way it works in the arts, especially in this day and age when artists are not able to perform in the normal manner but I didn’t realise that beekeepers were using it as a fee platform. I was simply curious. I have enjoyed some of these videos. It would be a pity if they disappeared.

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Does anybody know how this works?
Is it a way for beekeepers to charge for mentoring? I see Norfolk Honey has pay as you go videos.
SteveG of this forum is a keen supporter. Let's hope he enlightens us.

SteveG 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
In 2017 when I started beekeeping I joined Stewart Spinks Beekeeping with Stewart Spinks is creating Beekeeping Videos and Podcasts & More | Patreon, attended a few of his talks at local BKA evenings. 10$ a month gives full excess to all video and podcasts. you can private message if any emergency questions etc. lots of interesting information, I recommend Stewart to any beekeepers.
Thanks for that Steve
Stewart is one of the best YouTube beekeepers. There's lots of really useful stuff there

Hachi 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
especially the last two words
It was tongue in cheek

Thanks for that Steve
Stewart is one of the best YouTube beekeepers. There's lots of really useful stuff there
Looked at his FB page a few weeks back, he was threatening to close it if people refused to act like adults and stop the churlish bickering!!!!!

SteveG 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
SteveG of this forum is a keen supporter. Let's hope he enlightens us.
It was tongue in cheek

Looked at his FB page a few weeks back, he was threatening to close it if people refused to act like adults and stop the churlish bickering!!!!!
Sadly as with any FB communities you have good, bad and the rest...

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
facebook ~ made by a student so other students could vote on the attractiveness of their fellow students ~ and people wonder why its full of !@£$%& &*(^%£! !!!!!

BeeJohn 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Seven
I would definitely recommend Stuart Spinks for his videos and podcasts. if you consider the time and expense put in to producing these videos I think it is perfectly reasonable to seek some payment. If you don’t think they are good value for money, don’t subscribe.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I would definitely recommend Stuart Spinks for his videos and podcasts. if you consider the time and expense put in to producing these videos I think it is perfectly reasonable to seek some payment. If you don’t think they are good value for money, don’t subscribe.
I suppose if you are making a business of it then that makes sense. They used to be made for altruistic reasons or for self advertising.

Latest posts