Past intermediate exam papers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoop

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
poly hives
Anybody got past intermediate exam papers , I am currently doing the practical through a study group with a view to sitting the written paper in April , but as both scientific and practical are the same course , I was thinking of attempting both in 2011. Just wondered if anybody has a few past papers I could work from

Thanks

Can you buy them online from the BBKA website?
They have the module past papers at a £1 a shot.

Buy them from the Irish Exam Board site then?
Surely they would not miss a chance to make a euro? If not an opening for someone on Amazon?

What exams?

Hi members,
Would members please expand on what exams they are considering taking as i have passed all my written exams and now await the husbandry exams to become a Master Beekeeper. Then its on to National diploma in Beekeeping.

What are past imtermediate exam papers?

Mo

I'm planning to do mods 1 & 2 this year but have to say that having read through yates i wonder why as it seems to be just a cramming exercise.

Lots of facts and figures that need memorising that in practice you could just look up.

e.g. not only have all main hive sizes got to be remembered but the frame sizes for each hive - what a waste of time.

e.g. not only have all main hive sizes got to be remembered but the frame sizes for each hive - what a waste of time.

Yep, it a syllibus written as an academic exercise rather than a test of your beekeeping skills i think the basic test is ok as it is a practical exam

but my BKA insist on all apiary managers have Mod 1-4, so i am taking them

Well MM, in most hobby type organisations just getting volunteers to stand for office is frequently an uphill struggle, so by requiring mods 1-4 just makes it easier for those that choose that they don't want to step up and be counted.

I'd love to, but gosh I don't have the qualification . . .

Obviously a strong and confident BKA. Good luck.

MM

Module 4 has been dropped so you many only have to do 3.

MM

Module 4 has been dropped so you many only have to do 3.

should have remember that bee-smillie, i knew mod 4 biology of bees had been dropped this year

it is 1-3 plus one other they want ,so you have the intermediate theory certificate

problalby take module 5 but leaving that till next year

Here's wishing you MuswellMetro and all others from this site who are taking written exams next year a very successful outcome. Believe me when you have the final exam passed it s a great relief. Here's wishing you all good luck.

Mo

Good luck to all that sat those exams in Spring , the results will be out officially in Gormanstown tomorrow & thanks everybody for your help

Latest posts

Back