Parts and jigs for supers and boxes - box construction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hombre

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
This is where the box is put together, whether super, national or 14x12 brood box.

I don't make national brood boxes, but the instructional pdf attached shows how I go about it all.

The diagrams in the pdf are 20% of drawn size. if you require full size .png or Inkscape svg imagery, contact me by pm with a view to receiving them by email.

Frame runners (plastic) not shown!

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what the sash cramp is doing. It appears to be trying to simply cramp a piece of wood or ply and not actually pulling anything together.

Regards, RAB

Odd way to make up a box.Are you using the sash cramp as a location for the side panels.If not as Rob says they dont seem to serve any function.

Odd way to make up a box.Are you using the sash cramp as a location for the side panels.If not as Rob says they dont seem to serve any function.
A properly deployed sash cramp can be used to square up a construction prior to fixing ! without actually pulling anything together !

John Wilkinson

Yes, agreed, John. A single cramp at a slight angle is often used to pull things 'into square' while glue sets. This does not appear to fit that situation.

RAB

If you would care to look at the second and third paragraph after Drawing 7 in the pdf, you will perhaps understand the purpose of the sash clamps (2) which merely ensure that there are no untoward excursions. The pdf also shows the use of the brick.

This isn't a tutorial or a discussion piece, it's an explanation of what I do and is presented as such for those that wish to make their own boxes and wonder how others go about it.

The feedback is of interest and I'm sure that I'll become a better wood worker for it.

I trust Johna and Icanhopit that you actually read the pdf? You never know, someone might buy the rights and make a movie one day. :smash:

Latest posts

Back