Partnership with Ukraine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uliana

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hello! My name is Ulyana. I live in Ukraine.
I work as a beekeeper. I make the Queen of Bees F1.
How to cooperate with the United Kingdom?

Hello! My name is Ulyana. I live in Ukraine.
I work as a beekeeper. I make the Queen of Bees F1.
How to cooperate with the United Kingdom?
Which F1- Buckfast, Carniolan, AMM, and how many and what time of year can you start supplying from?

You either need to approach someone who already imports queens and see if you can work with them or talk one of us into looking into the import paperwork and checks.

Which F1- Buckfast, Carniolan, AMM, and how many and what time of year can you start supplying from?

You either need to approach someone who already imports queens and see if you can work with them or talk one of us into looking into the import paperwork and checks.
Carniolan (Sklenar, Perner, Varroa Toleranz (VT)

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for all the terrible things happening to your country.
I do not speak English. I use an online translator.
I live in a region where there is no fight and occupation. Sometimes rockets fly. I continue to work. My customers under occupation, I can't send the bee queens

I live in a region where there is no fight and occupation. Sometimes rockets fly. I continue to work. My customers under occupation, I can't send the bee queens
You are doing very well with your on line translator ... better English than some who have it as their first language ... welcome to the forum ... we do have another Urainian member ...it's nice to have another.

I'll try to get in touch with a former member on here who is involved in Carniolan breeding and see if they can do anything.
I have no experience of exporting bee queens. What documents does your country need?

You are doing very well with your on line translator ... better English than some who have it as their first language ... welcome to the forum ... we do have another Urainian member ...it's nice to have another.
Thank you very much! :)

This gives guidance.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nationalbeeunit.com/downloadDocument.cfm?id=977&ved=2ahUKEwj0z86Ut5P4AhV1QkEAHSPvB94QFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ae0Ts2F53wacq0qyy76-D

As Ukraine is outside the EU it's more complex.

What is Ukrainian law about American Foulbrood, Tropilaelaps and Small Hive Beetle?

The UK is also outside the EU ;).
Ukraine and Great Britain have signed an agreement on the sale of honey. No documents to regulate the export of bee queens ...

Ukrainian beekeepers and veterinarians provide preventive protection against rot and pests for bees.
P.S. In 2021, Ukraine ranked 2nd among honey exports.
It is logical that bees are healthy, because there would not be many bees and a lot of honey.

The UK is also outside the EU ;).
Ukraine and Great Britain have signed an agreement on the sale of honey. No documents to regulate the export of bee queens ...

Ukrainian beekeepers and veterinarians provide preventive protection against rot and pests for bees.
P.S. In 2021, Ukraine ranked 2nd among honey exports.
It is logical that bees are healthy, because there would not be many bees and a lot of honey.

Yes, but we still have some of the old rules and treat the EU as one entity for bee trade. It's still often easier to trade with EU countries.

I've seen the regulations for honey import and it's fairly simple (relatively speaking). I've not read through them for queen imports but there are more requirements than with honey in terms of checks.

Thank you all for the information. Council of communication.

Beehives in Ukraine

Attachments

• VID_20220414_130142(0).mp4
    26 MB
We all have to adapt to the new reality. Just wait until this war will end. I think it will be over this year. I hardly believe UK needs our queens and local breeders will be happy about it.
Sure, learn English. Duolingo is the best at the beginning.
What is Ukrainian law about American Foulbrood, Tropilaelaps and Small Hive Beetle?
There are no hive beetle and tropilaelaps (I don't know what is it). Also never have seen Foulbrood although it is described in books.

We all have to adapt to the new reality. Just wait until this war will end. I think it will be over this year.
We are all still thinking of you .... we see lots on prime time TV news of the war over there - horrific scenes at times but your nations courage is awesome. Keep the faith ....you will win in the end.

We all have to adapt to the new reality. Just wait until this war will end. I think it will be over this year. I hardly believe UK needs our queens and local breeders will be happy about it.
Sure, learn English. Duolingo is the best at the beginning.

There are no hive beetle and tropilaelaps (I don't know what is it). Also never have seen Foulbrood although it is described in books.
Thank you.

It's not so much an issue of whether AFB, SHB and Tropilaelaps are there but whether they are notifiable in Ukrainian law. For example, there is SHB in part of Italy but because it's notifiable across the entire EU, we can still import queens from there.

Breeders of local strains may not be keen but there are beekepers here who keep Carniolans so there could be a market among those.

I also hope it's over this year and the Russian forces are removed from all of Ukraine - whilst it may be overly optimistic, I include Crimea in that.

Thank you.

It's not so much an issue of whether AFB, SHB and Tropilaelaps are there but whether they are notifiable in Ukrainian law. For example, there is SHB in part of Italy but because it's notifiable across the entire EU, we can still import queens from there.

Breeders of local strains may not be keen but there are beekepers here who keep Carniolans so there could be a market among those.

I also hope it's over this year and the Russian forces are removed from all of Ukraine - whilst it may be overly optimistic, I include Crimea in that.

Ukrainian beekeepers take breeding material from the EU. The EU recognizes the Ukrainian Karnika Club. We belong to one BeeBreed system.
I read that the United Kingdom is importing Queen Bees from the EU. Local breeders do not produce enough. We can help them. We do not want to be competitors. We want to be partners. We do one job.

The war is over. Ukraine needs to be rebuilt. Funds are needed for the country's development. We need to develop the economy.

Veterinary certificate for export from Ukraine to Canada Bee Queens:
https://dpss.gov.ua/storage/app/sit...tvo/ukraine-queen-bees-certificate-signed.pdf

Latest posts

Back