part Time Work

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgerow Honey

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
173 national & 100 commercial
Please remove if not allowed.

we find ourselves in a bit of a pickle, we all have the dreaded Covid.
as a consequence with so much work to do and hives to ready for pollination and then a move to the moors.
we are looking for part time help until end of season, with a view to full time, BFA apprenticeship, ideally based in Shrewsbury area looking for bee farming experience, Please PM If interested.

It’s fine here.
I hope you get somebody
A great opportunity for somebody to get some intensive experience too.

Just an update, Wendy has just been ambulanced into hospital with suspected blood clot on the lung, Covid related.
The most ridicules thing is, one of the household, who is still showing positive tests can go out shopping, and to his prom tomorrow, as he claims he is symptom free, yet I’m sat here listening to him coughing his guts up !!!!!!!!!!!.

Just an update, Wendy has just been ambulanced into hospital with suspected blood clot on the lung, Covid related.
The most ridicules thing is, one of the household, who is still showing positive tests can go out shopping, and to his prom tomorrow, as he claims he is symptom free, yet I’m sat here listening to him coughing his guts up !!!!!!!!!!!.
Speak to him about integrity! There will always be other social occasions but if you lose your integrity it's hard to regain.

Wish I was nearer and available, would love to be involved. Hope all survive and you manage tonget things back on track.

Speak to him about integrity! There will always be other social occasions but if you lose your integrity it's hard to regain.

Official guidance from NHS
If a child or young person aged 18 or under tests positive for COVID-19, they should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 3 days. This starts from the day after they did the test.

Not compulsory anymore. Having just through the prom experience with second daughter, it becomes an irrational obsession that precludes any logical balanced discussion.

Integrity starts by example and we have a piss poor example in so many actions leading the country at this time

HH hope Mrs HH makes a speedy recovery and you get some long term help. I've got a long weekend free in the middle of July if that helps and a relatively leak proof tent :)

Very best wishes for her speedy recovery. Maybe we've all, me too, become a little blasé. Covid still potentially has serious complications. Just been speaking to a couple of members of the Bury (St Edmunds) Bach Choir: two waves of Covid struck 30 choristers, both after concerts this year.

Please remove if not allowed.

we find ourselves in a bit of a pickle, we all have the dreaded Covid.
as a consequence with so much work to do and hives to ready for pollination and then a move to the moors.
we are looking for part time help until end of season, with a view to full time, BFA apprenticeship, ideally based in Shrewsbury area looking for bee farming experience, Please PM If interested.
That's not good, lousy timing for your beekeeping ... Hope you and Wendy don't suffer too much ... it's a lottery as to whether you get a really bad dose or just minor flu symptoms ... hopefully it will be the latter.

PS: Ahhh... just caught up with the rest of the thread ... Hope Wendy recovers quickly without any long term effects.

Very best wishes for her speedy recovery. Maybe we've all, me too, become a little blasé. Covid still potentially has serious complications. Just been speaking to a couple of members of the Bury (St Edmunds) Bach Choir: two waves of Covid struck 30 choristers, both after concerts this year.
I have a friend who is in a choir, 19 of 30 went down with Covid after a performance a few weeks ago!
You are right though this is still a very dangerous virus and should be treated as susch.

I hope you all make a speedy recovery…Ian

A quick update from last night. A blood clot was confirmed in the early hours, Wendy is currently having anti coagulants, but is suffering extremely low blood pressure, this virus certainly has not gone away, wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Hope all from the choirs are ok.

Back