Panic,big time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumble Bee Slim

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have just realised that I've fed all my bees with 1:1 instead of 2:1 syrup.....yes I l know I'm an idiot , what is the likely result of my stupidity?

Have just realised that I've fed all my bees with 1:1 instead of 2:1 syrup.....yes I l know I'm an idiot , what is the likely result of my stupidity?
The bees will take it down and store it, the world will continue to turn on its axis.

Thanks,l was quite willing to commit api-harikari by falling on my hive tool if I'd done permanent damage !
You can save the api-harikari for another season, if the wrong syrup mix is the biggest faux pas you commit in the next few years you will soon be a master beekeeper :D

@patrick do you sell these hive tool scabbards of which @Bumble Bee Slim speaks? I've got images of wandering around apiaries with a 'sword belt' next year... :D
I am pleased to say I don’t :D the thought of anyone replicating some kind of pirate would be too scary.

Best place for the hive tool is in the hand ;) cheap as chips :D

I am pleased to say I don’t :D the thought of anyone replicating some kind of pirate would be too scary.

Best place for the hive tool is in the hand ;) cheap as chips :D

You just know you'd lose out on sales of hive tools as people would lose them less often!

I take the same approach to hive tools as I have taken to ball point pens and teaspoons, which similarly are prone to disappearing. Buy plenty of cheap ones and there will (almost) always be one lying around somewhere to hand. Simon the Beekeeper sells them for £2.99 each (which tells you what sort of gross margin the bigger purveyors are making). Half a dozen of those should keep you going through the season

You just know you'd lose out on sales of hive tools as people would lose them less often!
I am pleased to be able to offer ,at very competitive prices, Hive Tool Scabbards in an ever increasing number of styles,especially popular at the moment are ....
The Rambo, made from carbon fibre and finished in a very discreet camouflage pattern, for those of a more flamboyant persuasion we can offer the rhinestone studded and ermine trimmed Liberace model and last but not least comes the Eco Warrior woven from organic bamboo fibres and infused with just a hint of patchouli oil. Ideal gifts for Christmas, order whilst stocks last !

Thanks but doesn't look quite as cool as I'd envisioned! :D
I bought one a couple of years ago at Beetradex, and unlike some of the other idiot things I bought at the same time, I use it. It was rather cheaper then and did not have the gold chain, which I do not imagine to be in the least bit practical ( and might attract the wrong sort of attention). Pockets are not very deep, but useful for holding a hive tool, a 'Stanley' knife, a small torch, a couple of wedges and one ot two other things. Not washable, so hive tool needs to be wiped / scraped off before inserting.

I take the same approach to hive tools as I have taken to ball point pens and teaspoons, which similarly are prone to disappearing. Buy plenty of cheap ones and there will (almost) always be one lying around somewhere to hand. Simon the Beekeeper sells them for £2.99 each (which tells you what sort of gross margin the bigger purveyors are making). Half a dozen of those should keep you going through the season
Its all about quality :unsure:

Latest posts

Back