Painful Sting this Weekend

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HM Honey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Did what will be my last full inspection on my hives this weekend (glad to report, all looking pretty strong).

The girls had obviously decided to give me a parting gift before they settled down for winter, because as I bent over to pick something up off the floor, two of the little darlings planted thier stingers firmly in the meat of my backside.....:calmdown:

Several expletives later, there was I, stood trying to smoke the area on my arse to stop more of the little beauties having the same idea.....lol

God knows what I must have looked like...:icon_204-2:

anyone else got any funny Bee keeping related anecdotes ??

l

anyone else got any funny Bee keeping related anecdotes ??[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it bee related, but I was out for a walk this weekend and saw a guy running round a field , dressed as a spaceman, swearing like a trooper and looked like he was trying to set fire to his backside! Weird some folks!

They got me yesterday too, immediately below the nose, and dead centre. I now have a trout pout.
My own fault. I'd just finished inspecting, taken my jacket off then realised I'd left the air raid shelter door open. They normally ignore me, but this time one angry guard had a go.

We were inspecting on our 20th wedding anniversary. I got 3 stings and did a runner across the field to a safe distance away and sat nursing my wounds. I left my husband to it - he was swearing like a trooper! I have never heard him swear so much in the whole twenty years of marriage. He hardly ever swears.
He didn't get stung but he usually leaves most of the manipulating to me and was definitely out of his comfort. He did it though bless him.

Okay, for that 'Jaws' moment! Doing an inspection between showers, felt a sting on my neck, odd, thought the net was close to my neck but no. The zip in the hood had opened an inch and a few got straight in. Result, sting on the neck, eyebrow and a few more on my head. But after a couple of antihistamines, I had to go and finish off. Took some ibuprofen when I got home and I don't have a head the size of a pumpkin, just a feeling that something has happened. Must be getting use to stings.

They got me yesterday too, immediately below the nose, and dead centre. I now have a trout pout.
My own fault. I'd just finished inspecting, taken my jacket off then realised I'd left the air raid shelter door open. They normally ignore me, but this time one angry guard had a go.

Don't they call that botocks?

BeeNice;362930. Took some ibuprofen when I got home and I don't have a head the size of a pumpkin said:
That's interesting - on another thread people are adamant that Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs accentuate the effect of bee stings. It seems counter-intuitive that anti inflammatories would make things worse. I'm particularly interested because I take Naproxen (another NSAID) daily for arthritis.

Sorry, that wasn't really a funny story was it?
I could tell you about the trouserless local vicar, the female parishioner, and the vengeful bees but I don't suppose anyone would be interested

Sorry, that wasn't really a funny story was it?
I could tell you about the trouserless local vicar, the female parishioner, and the vengeful bees but I don't suppose anyone would be interested

Well not interested as such.

Just that I have a professional responsibility to investigate such matters.

Dusty

Latest posts

Back