P*y**s Poly Nationals

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drstitson

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
did everyone else who has ordered any of these get monitoring trays for the floors?

Not specifically listed for the complete hives BUT under entry for floors:

"Easy monitoring of mite populations - simply slide in the plastic drawer under the screen when required"

did everyone else who has ordered any of these get monitoring trays for the floors?

Not specifically listed for the complete hives BUT under entry for floors:

"Easy monitoring of mite populations - simply slide in the plastic drawer under the screen when required"

I've got a floor on order, so will be interested to see if it comes with a tray

I'll check over the weekend but i don't think they did; I bought 10 Brood boxes but only a couple of floors (just to see what they are like) and am in the process of making my own OMFs and roofs from timber.

mine did, white poly carb cut to size

My poly national hive came with a white varroa tray

Beginning to doubt my original thought that I didn't get one with the complete hive bought before christmas, will check tomorrow

Mine came with trays, very heavy duty white hard corriflute / correx, much better than the Thornes versions on their floors.

:iagree: Best insert for an OMF I've seen. Not so sure about the little lugs which connect the floor to the BB. I'm bound to break them off at some point. And what's with the bevels on the top surfaces of the boxes? Not sure what the point of them is when a flat join would have served equally well.

drumgerry said:
:iagree: Best insert for an OMF I've seen. Not so sure about the little lugs which connect the floor to the BB. I'm bound to break them off at some point. And what's with the bevels on the top surfaces of the boxes? Not sure what the point of them is when a flat join would have served equally well.
Yes a flat join would, think about a wooden box on top and you have the answer.

I doubt the lugs will break off. My first poly floors were designed thus and a very good design it is too.

If ****** have it as good then when moving a brood only situation then there is no need to strap down, the brood is secure to the floor. I will check again in the morning as I am not going out in the snow to open the greenhouse at this time of night. :)

PH

I'll check over the weekend but i don't think they did; I bought 10 Brood boxes but only a couple of floors (just to see what they are like) and am in the process of making my own OMFs and roofs from timber.

Hi, as a matter of interest, where did everybody see the advertisements for these poly Nationals please.:)

beezer - advertised in BBKA news/Beecraft

PLUS how have you managed to miss the discussions on here since they became available in the autumn?????

An illustration.

The package arrived with one super damaged, and it is now repaired with PVC glue and over night strapping. No problems there.

The lugs are robust and I cannot see any issues with breaking them unless extremely heavy handed.

A shot of the open floor and the corex insert.

All just for information and to illustrate the thread.

PH

beezer - advertised in BBKA news/Beecraft

PLUS how have you managed to miss the discussions on here since they became available in the autumn?????

Come to think about it, I think I had dismissed them because they looked a bit flimsy. That seems to have been borne out by Polyhive's unfortunate experience.

Thanks for the pointer! :)

Latest posts

Back