Oxalic theft

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
Not really hives or equipment but last week I had my caravan broken into. Apart from radio and damage the idiots did, they stole approximately 30 oxalic tablets that were in a tub and clearly marked.
When the break in was first noticed and police came around we didn't notice they had gone, so when cleaning the mess yesterday reported the additional theft.
As you can imagine it caused a bit of concern when I advised the police controller that a few lung fully will most likely kill anyone daft enough to heat them without a respirator!
I must say I have been having some horrid thoughts about divine justice
S

PS must dispose of 'old' stock of OA now its banned

Will probably get mixed in with the next lot of illegal substances to go on the street to be used by unsuspecting but foolish youngsters seeking a kick.
If there are a number of unusual deaths in your area ........
:)

Not really hives or equipment but last week I had my caravan broken into. Apart from radio and damage the idiots did, they stole approximately 30 oxalic tablets that were in a tub and clearly marked.
When the break in was first noticed and police came around we didn't notice they had gone, so when cleaning the mess yesterday reported the additional theft.
As you can imagine it caused a bit of concern when I advised the police controller that a few lung fully will most likely kill anyone daft enough to heat them without a respirator!
I must say I have been having some horrid thoughts about divine justice
S

PS must dispose of 'old' stock of OA now its banned

As long as they don't sell them on the street as recreational drugs.
Enrico beat me to it

It will be worse if they crush them and sell them as coke. Some daft sod snorting that from a rolled up fiver lol.
Not something they will repeat. It would give them a rush though but not the one they were seeking .

Could this be the Veterinary Medicine Directorate's new direct action method of removing from the market illegal medicines for food-producing animals? Seems a bit extreme!

CVB

Could this be the Veterinary Medicine Directorate's new direct action method of removing from the market illegal medicines for food-producing animals? Seems a bit extreme!

CVB

I heard today on BBC Radio Cornwall that Devon & Cornwall Constabulary are establishing a drone unit

Who will they be spying on.... ???

Yeghes da

You do realise you will have to spell it out to the police? THE CULPRITS ARE TO BE FOUND IN A&E !!! just ask who came in with bleeding noses ;-)

I once read about a GP who had a big bottle clearly marked "MORPHINE" in his doctor's bag, which was actually filled with laxatives, in case it was stolen for the second time :)

I once read about a GP who had a big bottle clearly marked "MORPHINE" in his doctor's bag, which was actually filled with laxatives, in case it was stolen for the second time :)

There was someone on an allotment site who put laxatives in the bottle of vodka that was in their shed. It got nicked. Will be interesting to know if the robberies continue.

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

what they may well do with the stolen OA is cut it with other rubbish like glucose to double up the quantity and sell it on to some beekeepers telling them 'its the real deal'
oh wait! that's already been done! :spy:

I read that it was deadly if you put it in to drinks, like coffee. You wouldn't know you had taken it, and it will kill you quite soon afterwards. I hope to hell no body takes it! I hope i read wrong.
Stifffy, dont bother chucking it out, just relabel it as wood bleach.

I heard today on BBC Radio Cornwall that Devon & Cornwall Constabulary are establishing a drone unit

Who will they be spying on.... ???

Yeghes da

And more importantly, will they be native drones ?

And more importantly, will they be native drones ?
Probably not.... imported from China more likely!!
Forget OA ... if any fly around this neck of the woods they will probably suffer from lead poisoning!

Myttin da

Latest posts

Back