Oxalic Acid

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its good to see that all the fuss hasn't put you off coming up with more ideas.I think there is always room in Beekeeping for people like yourself.

Admin, i do understand your position on deleting my posts so no problem, a pm would have been useful.

john t

Thats what I thought as well when you started offering a commercial product on the forum for monetary gain against forum rules.

Admin.

Well John i for one can not wait to see the next project unveiled ..i can't think of a better way of treating varroa than your last little gadget..and if this new one is better again put my name down for one and PM me if need be..
All the best..
Me too..
:yeahthat:

my next project is 50% completed and once it has been thoroughly tested i will give an update ,and possibly construction details
some will be pleased that it has nothing to do with gasvap or varroa,
i believe it will revolutionize beekeeping in this particular area.

john t

John if it's that good suggest you don't publish construction details, get yourself a nice little patent and take things from there.

:iagree::iagree:
John if it's that good suggest you don't publish construction details, get yourself a nice little patent and take things from there.

Good advice!
I loved your gas gap design and playing with you overall concept but I believe you were very generous with your idea.
To enable you to get some kind of recompense from a new venture you need to have an idea well designed and patented before you sell anything to the public. The act of getting paid for a design often precludes chance of a patent being granted.
Good luck

Well John i for one can not wait to see the next project unveiled ..i can't think of a better way of treating varroa than your last little gadget..and if this new one is better again put my name down for one and PM me if need be..
All the best..

yep glad I struck while the silver solder was hot !

best of luck john

I do now look like walterwhite from breaking bad a few times ayear !

And patent it in the EU, Russia, the US and expect the Chinese to copy it irrespective of what you do.

Patents make money for patent attorneys - no-one else, most of the time. Waste of money. Build it, flog it and continue to innovate faster than anyone else...

Patents make money for patent attorneys - no-one else, most of the time. Waste of money. Build it, flog it and continue to innovate faster than anyone else...

Agree there... my IP was taken by my employer.. the BBC... a company big and rich enough to take out patents... and then enforce them!

A patent may not be the way forward... as someone will have probably done something similar before you... and then you have to prove your own novel idea... bloody expensive minefield, especially in engineering!

Try registered design?

Remember even the cash generating Flow Hive was thought up long before?

Probably :ot::calmdown: my experience!

I often wonder if a patent is any good .My father in law patented a machine some years ago ,a multi national company got around his patent by making the machine in India.

Agree there... my IP was taken by my employer.. the BBC... a company big and rich enough to take out patents... and then enforce them!

A patent may not be the way forward... as someone will have probably done something similar before you... and then you have to prove your own novel idea... bloody expensive minefield, especially in engineering!

Try registered design?

Probably :ot::calmdown: my experience!

Patents tell the world how you do it - then the world can tweak the design enough to avoid infringing the patent....

Patents tell the world how you do it - then the world can tweak the design enough to avoid infringing the patent....

I know that the idea behind the patents that I was involved with have probably saved possibly millions of lives.. a fusion of other devices with a new application, serendipity that I so happened to bring them all together.

I wonder if a cease and desist letter with a good legal company letterhead has more clout than a patent ?

But the original patent on the idea had long since lapsed ... and there were novel ideas incorporated within the flow hive that allowed them to patent it .. didn't stop the Chinese knock offs appearing within a month of the launch though !

As a matter of interest ...what happened to the Flow hive ? Not heard much lately ...

I wonder if a cease and desist letter with a good legal company letterhead has more clout than a patent ?

I have 6 patents with my old employer and they have to be taken out in each country of usage, and you have to employ a patent attorney in each country you want to enforce the patent, and then apply for it to be registered. you need very deep pockets for that.

A much better idea and has been used quite successfully is intellectual property law, you used to be able to register a design at a bank of all things, by taking a signed copy of your work to a bank and getting them to sign & date it, that would legally time stamp your idea. most wont do it now, but most decent law firms will supply the same service and for a reasonable fee, and that will stand up in a court of law if you wish to sue someone for using your idea without consent.

Unless you're dealing with China, where they don't recognise intellectual copyright, they only recognise the right to copy :)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...QIDxAF&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw2wulcA0_YFSRLmSSd3T-D4

Doesn't protect functionality though for which a patent is required.

It always surprises me just how many people have patents and how difficult it is to come up with a genuine invention. The costs are massive especially if you go global and the time scales are long particularly if the IPOs deem you exceed unity of invention and have to pursue divisionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back