Out apiary agreements

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Anyone drawn up semi formal agreements for out apiaries? ie 'We agree to house between x and x hives for payment of 1lb of honey from each hive that produces a crop' etc etc etc

Any examples?

Jez

Too much hassle :svengo:.
I find a loose arrangement suits my needs best. More than one site is to be recommended as one may need to relocate a colony/colonies PDQ :)
The site owner is far more inclined to give permission if soley in charge of his own land.

John Wilkinson

I think you need a couple of external locations just in case someone pulls the plug on one - from reading the forum this seems to happen at times.

Jez

I have never had a formal one.

I did though hear of a classic where a bee farmer, of not inconsiderable numbers of hives, some 1k or so had a deal with the estate Gamekeeper.

Lady of the house, new owner, came across hives, more hives and yet more hives and investigated matters. I am unsure of the outcome but I am sure it was painful for the BF as a 1000 jars of honey is getting to be a lot of moneys worth!

PH

:) sounds like he got away with it for a while mind lol

I was at a local BKA meeting the April and the 'chair' was complaining to ‘some’ assembles member that they had not paid their 1lb's of honey to the site they must have all used the previous year for the heather - not on in my books.

I have never had a formal one.

I did though hear of a classic where a bee farmer, of not inconsiderable numbers of hives, some 1k or so had a deal with the estate Gamekeeper.

Lady of the house, new owner, came across hives, more hives and yet more hives and investigated matters. I am unsure of the outcome but I am sure it was painful for the BF as a 1000 jars of honey is getting to be a lot of moneys worth!

PH

Latest posts

Back