Out again today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
One of my hives were out bringing in small ammounts of pollen this afternoon, still very cool even with the sun, 6 degrees at the moment.

Will they ever rest.

Interestingly they were Carniolians.

Just been up to check on mine.

One hive is flying.

Gave all hives a little lift and they all seem good for stores,I came away thinking its a long time to go until spring.

Went to one of our sites today. Barely above freezing even in the sun and very little activity. Hefted and all of them seem to be OK. Will check again after Xmas when thinking about oxalic.

Peter

Last two days have been +10 and +8C all 4 colonies are in full sun for at least part of the day and all have been flying hard with what looks like ivy pollen coming in - if it aint ivy I don't know what else it could be. I'll wait for a none flying day and weigh all 4 but looks good so far. Roll on spring.
Mike

My girls were out today, well those in the sun anyway - temp in the back garden was between 8 and 10 deg C. Watched them for a while but couldn't see them bringing anything in - the opposite in fact; some of them on mortuary duties taking the odd dead bee out.

Steve

Latest posts

Back