Ouch my eye

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Mowing the lawn last night I got stung on the temple WOW it hurt so much more than the hands. Well I removed the sting carried on with the lawns no further problems. Woke up this morning and looked like this. Side of my face swollen and couldnt open my eye.

Last edited:
Take antihistamine, preferably 2 and obviously keep a watch on future reactions as it may be the start of something nasty.

And yes the thin areas do hurt. Temple, ear brow, nose and so on.

PH

Been to docs he gave me more antihistamenes and said to watch out for infection. It is open a bit now though. Not a bad reaction as doc said as the skin is tighter on your head the swelling goes to the next easiest place.

Look on the bright side, people will recognise you if you go to stoneleigh:)

Look on the bright side,

That'll be the right side then, will it?

I was deaf as a post on one side when one stung my ear last year .

Regards, RAB

Just be aware that this a reaction that needs to be thought about as the next one may be worse or not. If worse the next time then the whole matter will need some serious thought.

I have said it often and say it again, bees can kill.

PH

Peter you are becoming a tad paranoid :lurk5:.
Read the statisticsbee-smillie.
It took me literally years to get past the exaggerated swelling phase :bigear:.
Warn people by all means but being over dramatic helps little ! .

John Wilkinson
Ps I know bees kill but I've never heard of anyone personally or indeed anyone around who have subsequently died from anyphalactic shock !

Not overly dramatic at all John.

I have two dead dogs to my discredit.

PH

HIS LEFT

Sorry must have got mixed up. I thought the dark side would be the closed eye and the bright side would be the right. Verry sorree.

RAB

ouch, how close did you get?

Latest posts

Back