Osr

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first season with OSR. I am in Hertfordshire and the field a mile away from me looks like it’s going over to seed pods. It was a block of solid yellow two weeks back. Bees still busy but not crazy like then. Got a couple of Rose box supers being back filled on top of a Demaree stack, thinking of pulling them towards the end of the week. Anyone with a more experienced eye than me if further flow is likely?.
eebec43422be623ddaa49aa79522c083.jpg
ae05c8520d7e0aed5b9336ce98ed1199.jpg

Little of value there. If all the surrounding fields are like that or worse then I'd be pulling those supers asap

Looking at your soil condition Maddydog could well be right, but it is at that crop state and secondary growth in the wheelings, where we get our honey yield from on osr. Earlier it is to cold for nectar, and pollen is what they normally get. If the ground was water logged over winter, the roots will not have extended as normal, so they may not be able to get down to the moisture now. Only you will be able to assess that, depends on your soil type.

Osr ! What osr I have never seen so little grown as this year

Latest posts

Back