Orange pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve looked at it also today, as lots around here. Though I’m not seeing bees working it... but maybe they do...
To be honest the only insects I see on them is wasps, they really like it.
Other flower in my garden in nasturtium where there is heaps of this yellow/orange pollen but it’s the bumblies that love it.
In my hunt for the white pollen on some of my bees I discovered white bindweed that has whitish pollen.
It’s great fun trying to track down the pollen colours nearby as previously I was more interested that there was pollen ( any pollen) going into the hives.

Last edited:
Still haven't found the source of this pollen but it is coming in by the bucket load. Far too much for dahlias!
I think it's field scabious. My hives are in countryside by a golf course so no garden plants.

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_114917.jpg
    IMG_20200812_114917.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Hi Enrico et al., I have still got luminous orange pollen coming in. Found one of these pollen balls on the varroa board and thought I try to identify it. Turned out to be Common Mullein, see how that fits for you. However, there are many flowers with luminous orange pollen toadflax was one earlier on.

Went for a walk and found Hawkesbeard in flower which is another one.

Hi Enrico et al., I have still got luminous orange pollen coming in. Found one of these pollen balls on the varroa board and thought I try to identify it. Turned out to be Common Mullein, see how that fits for you. However, there are many flowers with luminous orange pollen toadflax was one earlier on.
I can't believe there is enough verbascum round here to supply the amount they are STILL bringing in, although slightly less now than before, it is not poplar rust either but Hawksbeard must be favourite. It is that sort of land to have quite a bit of that around!
Thanks
E

Latest posts

Back