Opps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike a

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Between 17-20
Bee - First order of business my queen is to lay lots of eggs. You've just had 3 weeks of mating to last you a lifetime so its time you got to work and pulled your weight around here. Find me when you are done.

Queen - hmmm Ok

A few hours later.

Queen - Finished, can I take a rest now please I'm shattered?

Bee - Sure but first lets see how you've done

Bee - what the ???

eggcrowding.jpg

Queen - Oh its one per cell ! Opps :eek:

Does the queen have "L" plates on. I have had this in some of my hives with new queens but not quite as many eggs in a cell as you have there.

It's not from my hives, I saw this picture on another forum and thought (insert rude word of choice)
bee-smillie

Instant Ian Dury chorus...What a waste! What a waste!
But I don't mind...Gee thanks, keep that going for hours.

Wonders if queen was enclosed in one of those big four-pin frame queen cages...and got bored!

Instant Ian Dury chorus...What a waste! What a waste!
But I don't mind...Gee thanks, keep that going for hours.

Wonders if queen was enclosed in one of those big four-pin frame queen cages...and got bored!

I was thinking the same as Veg novice queen just starting to lay. Providing the colony has plenty of young they will clean up the mess and remove the excess eggs.

Guess what the original forum says...laying workers. Of course the additional fact that this was a football sized swarm which reduced to an orange sized swarm...

Guess what the original forum says...laying workers. Of course the additional fact that this was a football sized swarm which reduced to an orange sized swarm...

Just a novice myself, but I would have thought that they're too deep for laying workers?

Ian

I was thinking the same as Veg novice queen just starting to lay. Providing the colony has plenty of young they will clean up the mess and remove the excess eggs.

By carrying them up through a queen excluder to confound the beekeeper even more. :)

Brilliant original post, Mike a!!!! LOL I read through it and scrolled down, not knowing what to expect from the pic, and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF when I saw it!

LOL sorry.

Hope it all gets sorted out

:coolgleamA:

Picking up on what Finman said tother day, would this queen be damaged in some way? Or just crap at being a queen?

Picking up on what Finman said tother day, would this queen be damaged in some way? Or just crap at being a queen?

I think the Queen is still wearing her L plates so not a problem with laying workers or you would see the eggs on the walls of the cell not grouped at the bottom. Also this isn't my picture I found it on another site and thought it would be worth posting on this site as well.

:seeya:

Latest posts

Back