opened my Hive today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
This i will remember for ever, deep breath no one with me and all these bees.
My first hive experience and i didn't get stung :)
I didn't move them around much as they have only just got sited and i didn't want to upset them to much.
I put a bit of ply on top of the hive with a hole cut out so that my Lang would fit on top. A lovely fit it was to and then ratchet straped it all together just to make sure.
Looks like they have found the Rape fields 1/4 mile away as they are bringing in yellow stuff on there legs . Well thats the only yellow plants i can see where there are sited anyway.
I stood there watching them for a little while and it's funny how they sort of crash land with all the wieght they are carrying , then scuttle of inside the hive.
These bees seem quite happy with me there only had the one infront of my face looking at me no matter what way i turned.I checked my suit after and there was no stings on it . I don't know what i was expecting to be honest but it seemed to go OK .
The hive the bees came in is not in that great condition on closer inspection
and i will be glad when i can get the bees out of it. But at the cost i payed for it the hive was not what i was paying for from my point of view.

Congratulations Wightbees you have just taken the first step to total bee insanity - welcome to the madhouse:hurray:

That's so cool; congrats. I've only been doing this for 9 months, and it's fantastic! Wait till you start trying to take close-up photos of the bees in the hive, when you're in your beesuit

The camera was on my list, but i was in such a hurry to get to my hive i forgot it.
I only worked half a day today because i wanted to check my hive, how bads that lol.

Latest posts

Back