One year on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggyone

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Friday was my one year anniversary of being a beek. Its had its ups and downs but I've learnt so much. Heres to the next year. :hurray:

Baggy

Friday was my one year anniversary of being a beek. Its had its ups and downs but I've learnt so much. Heres to the next year. :hurray:

Baggy

I'm coming up to the same anniversary - beginning of June for me!

Congrats to you both.

I've been involved for 9 months or so, but haven't logged that many hours with active bees yet.

Do they still excite you when you approach that humming hive, or are you getting all 'business as usual"?

:)

FG

All I think about is bees. From the moment I close the hive I'm looking forward to the next inspection. Plus now I have two hives one of which is perilously close to the edge which is a great learning tool.

I also help father in law with his bees as he got them later on last year too. Both gone up a hive and just taken off 16lb today.

I sit looking at them every day.

Do they still excite you when you approach that humming hive, or are you getting all 'business as usual"?

Well with splitting and swarming we've now got 7 hives and one nuc. I think I may be the fastest builder of Thornes flatpack 14x12 brood boxes in the country. So the last week or so has been a bit "getting on with it", but it is still a great pleasure to open them up and see what they have done in the last 7 days.

Latest posts

Back