Omlet with bread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did inform one of their moderators. No response so far.

Regards, RAB

PS I don't think he spells it that way!

I sincerely hope his video camera is on and pointing in the right direction when his luck runs out :ack2:.
Such audacity , arrogance, ignorance and ill manners deserves some form of retribution which I'm sure the bees will dole out in the fullness of time .
Somehow I don't think the footage will make youtube :redface: .

John Wilkinson

Even if we were all "In Bred" we know the difference between apivar life and apiguard,This guy seems to know it all though. I dont normally rise to this sort of thing but being called "in bred" :cuss: because I use this forum takes the biscuit, Mr I can put my hive under a tree because its plastic, nothing to do with the rain dripping from the tree on the top of the hive driving the bees mad, thats why we dont put hives under trees.

My old granny used to say "pride comes before a fall".

I've stayed out of all the comments so but I'll just say that after 3 years keeping bees they still never cease to amaze me and I have just about learnt how much I dont know and am unlikely to ever know.

I would guess that when the more serious problems hit, thats when you find out if you are a beekeeper or not.

Good luck to him and his type as you cannot stop them -- just get the baitboxes ready...

My old granny used to say "pride comes before a fall".

I've stayed out of all the comments so but I'll just say that after 3 years keeping bees they still never cease to amaze me and I have just about learnt how much I dont know and am unlikely to ever know.

I would guess that when the more serious problems hit, thats when you find out if you are a beekeeper or not.

Good luck to him and his type as you cannot stop them -- just get the baitboxes ready...
I was prepared to accept his first video as enthusiasm led, ie caught up in the hype surrounding the behaus. However his latest effort leads me to conclude that the guy is a complete zealot ,blinded by his own sense of self importance, unable to comprehend the subtleties of the craft whilst assuming that his owning of a colony ,housed in a new /old fangled hive gives him authority to lecture and dismiss practices honed over generations by existing beekeepers whos' combined knowledge renders his puny activeties laughable .

John Wilkinson .
Ps humour is perhaps the best way to handle this upstart :).

I hope he never comes back here for any help as some "in Bred" people on this forum have offered him help. I see he didnt take the advice about wearing at least a veil, but then he knows better than us "in bred" beekeepers. :cheers2:

One might assume from his manner, that he is a self-made man who considers the job to be completed.

No doubt he bought all his own furniture too.

it doesn't matter how docile his bees are, i don't think i would open a hive without any protection at all. I think it is well documented on this forum how docile bees can turn nasty!

it doesn't matter how docile his bees are, i don't think i would open a hive without any protection at all. I think it is well documented on this forum how docile bees can turn nasty!

and back again, then nasty and back again, etc etc :)

And a sting on the eyeball of one eye, can cause blindness in both eye's,permanently.

not sure being part of the forum i like being called "in bred" however he does have his frames space incorrectly to by the looks of it.

I see he is still not wearing protection!
funny-photos-bee-man-covered.jpg

Last edited:
No response from eaither James or Steve, who are both trying to ably assist, who are likewise tarred with the same brush.

Can't choose your relatives, but you can choose your friends.

Regards, RAB

ummmm...not impressed..they say what goes around comes around!
"what you cast onto the waters of life will come back three fold!"
Maybe the bees will repay him next year..........?

i was just passing comment.

I personally don't think i will ever be confident or comfortable opening a hive without protection for whatever reason.

I think the day will come when he wished he was wearing his.

James

The worrying thing is how many potential bee keepers are going to see his clip on YouTube and take what he says as gospel?

How many beekeepers will see his video and then ignore his pleas for help when he is in dire straights?

Back