Omlet Beehaus

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture must be of the extra deep version.

My daughter now want's to know if they come in barbie pink!

My daughter now want's to know if they come in barbie pink!

This is the best I can offer

clematis_small.jpg

Omelette proto-type - exclusive

Jim, if you're not going to take these things seriously .... innovation is the life blood of any hobby you know.

I can't tell you how I got hold of this but apparently it's an early prototype. Supers can be added with relative ease but must be secured with cocktail sticks. Entrance restriction and robbing by the chef has been reported as an issue. That said fully re-cycleable and qualifies for automatic organic certification of any honey produced, since at times of low flow is also acts as forage :hat:

Last edited:
Jim, if you're not going to take these things seriously .... innovation is the life blood of any hobby you know.

I can't tell you how I got hold of this but apparently it's an early prototype. Supers can be added with relative ease but must be secured with cocktail sticks. Entrance restriction and robbing by the chef has been reported as an issue. That said fully re-cycleable and qualifies for automatic organic certification of any honey produced, since at times of low flow is also acts as forage :hat:

I take it that eating this would be approached in a similar way to eating nettles? :confused:

bee-smillie

I see they are nice and cheap?

It doesn't show them, but I assumme you have 2 supers side by side on top of the bood box as they only hold 5 frames?

Yours Roy

What the ......

Interesting to see they are using 14 x 12 frames.

And it took 18 months to develop ?

I own an omlet and a cube so I was expecting something a bit special.
Thats a bl**dy coolbox on a couple of bits of bent metal rod.

Jimbeekeeper was right:
3526880190_70c378105b.jpg

my fave one so far :)

omlet hive Looks really cool,and they supply bee's as well.

"4 Honey jars
Still taking wine to dinner parties? Your own home made honey is much more exclusive."

Speaks volumes at whom it is aimed at.

I think I said this earlier

The beehaus will be attractive to the trendy with oodles of cash to spare but very little in the way of common sense. The chicken versions are very expensive.

Frisbee
:)

Frisbee

I sort of like it :boxing_smiley: But it does look like a cool box on legs!

Beehaus_green_large.gif

But I still think my orginal idea was best!

22573071_0ae9f285a8.jpg

£465 for one hive :toetap05:

Don't laugh, it might work!

Looks to me as though any more than one set of supers might be one too many!

Yes, James it does look cool

scroll down

boxish.

I like the smaller 5-frame supers - same as Dartingtons and these should not bow like the wood ply ones.

Apart from that I will 'wait and see'. Certainly not investing that sort of money to try one out.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back