Olympic Opening Ceremony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most of it has been superb.
Pleased to see they honoured 7/7 victims.

I intended to be completely and utterly negative - but how can you be ...even when tehy bugger up history?

Arctic Monkeys? I thought a couple of feuding brothers had the bad Beatles tribute band concession...... Closely followed by the prince of smug - the entirely odious Sebastian Coe!

Last edited:
Lord Coe lit the cauldron?
Blimey, how nepotistic!
Cavendish for gold tomorrow. I'm in the smoke visiting my daughter so will go cheer on in Bushy park.....Go Cav Go!!!!

Sorry, noones lit it yet............ we had to suffer Coe spouting on a bit........

lighting the flame was brilliant, can't fault that!!

I agree, the cauldron was superb, and allowing the youngsters to fire it up! not worthy

So is the consensus that it was at least a half decent ceremony? I enjoyed it immensely. I feel more than a little pride. A stunning show.

Only dampened a little by reading parts of this thread.

Mind you I thought the metal kettles looked a bit like bed-pans...Eridhalfbee - The cauldron was lit by up and coming young athletes sponsored by known names, Kelly Holmes, Daly Thompson, Steve Redgrave etc...

Last edited:
i am on duty and was about to watch the couldron get lit and then got turned out to a job so missed it.thought the rest of it was ok with parts that made me feell proud to be British

Latest posts

Back