• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

old WCB

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigavonb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a WCB hive which I have from new, (£25 with 2 brood boxes) it has not been used
for the past 20 years . I would like to use it as a feature in the garden.
what would you recommend that I treat it with

Strip it, prime it, undercoat it and finish with a quality gloss paint (two coats) :nature-smiley-016:

John Wilkinson

Is this feature going to include bees or not? - You don't actually say.

If you mean ornament, I agree with VM, except you might want a more stiking paint scheme.

If a working hive is part of the feature, I would likely stick to how it was used those twenty years ago - somewhat more utilitarian, perhaps, as the bees ought to be more important than the beetainer. In the end it will be your choice of what would be most appropriate.

Just seems a shame for it not to be put to good use ie. with a colony installed. But there again, we have no idea of the actual garden setting, so no real advice available from me, as I am neither artist nor landscape gardener. I am just a beekeeper on a beekeeping forum.

Regards,RAB

Latest posts

Back