Nucs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bs used as a 3 frame is rubbish I really like the boxes but the divider is crap. You don’t need to cover any half when inspecting they don’t rush over and fight. I’ll use the boxes for mating Nucs but just add a dummy frame. There’s other advantages to doing this for me anyway. Ian

the divider is crap
True.

BS are aware of that and were working on a rigid divider, but either the firm closed or C19 got in the way, and last I heard they were looking for another firm to do the job.

I keep some boxes divided permanently and most as 6f boxes. Once a divider has a lid or feeder on it the groove keeps the correx straight and propolis bonds it in place, but once a box has been used for 6 frames of bees there's no way the divider will drop into the propolised grooves.

I think a divider is easy enough to do yourself thin ply and use the cortex as a template. I still think it’s a pain and as you say once there’s a bit of wax in the grooves or on the lid it makes it all harder. Also once things are out of alignment and any daylight shows bees have a habit of nibbling the poly. Not a problem I’ve had with bs boxes but certainly in the past.

True.

BS are aware of that and were working on a rigid divider, but either the firm closed or C19 got in the way, and last I heard they were looking for another firm to do the job.

Seems they have it listed on the website (although currently no stock), made of aluminium and must be used in conjunction with a new clear crown board - so could be a suitable nuc for the OP.

Available as an upgrade pack: Poly Nuc Upgrade Pack (Standard & 14x12)

Latest posts

Back