• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nucs in S Wales...?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Soup

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi All

Hubby and I have just completed a bee keeping course and need to find some bees. We have a shiny new national hive all ready for our bees, but the sources recommended by our local association are all sold out.

We are willing to travel to collect, please can anyone help us?

Hi All

Hubby and I have just completed a bee keeping course and need to find some bees. We have a shiny new national hive all ready for our bees, but the sources recommended by our local association are all sold out.

We are willing to travel to collect, please can anyone help us?
Hi have you tried Tonyrefail apiary give it a Google
Hope this helps

Grub

Thanks for the PM's and replies.

We are following up the suggestions and will let you know how we get on.

Thanks for the contacts. We have reserved a nucleus from Tonyrefail. Our local club didn't mention them as a possible source, and they didn't come up on a general google.

Craig, We're Cardiff and Valle club as we're further east.

No probs. Loads of the begginers from our association have ordered from him.:cheers2:

do we have any reports or anything about ******* products PACKAGES before I buy.

re: ........prodoucts
not sure about the packages but his nucs have a bad rep - overpriced and arrive with a foreign queen in a cage not even introduced., and i heard his after sales service when dealing with complaints amounts to " f..off ! "

ps
why the secrecy ? whats wrong with naming and shaming so long as its truthfull ?

Last edited:
Well I made it my business to go and have a look at******, Un-invited,
It was a very wet cold Friday so I expected trouble.
I explained I wanted to start beekeeping again and would like his advise,

I found him to be a likeable Old West Country fellow, Arrogant, straight to the point, Opinionated, helpful, honest, Generous, A pub going man with bad language thrown in, a God fearing man, What you see is what you get. A commercial bee farmer a man that protects and knows his bees, A self made successful business man,
On reflection I think he’s absolutely right, ---- he dont suffer fools gladly.

That sounds about exactly right :)
And very shrewd with it. :)

We had a look the website for the gentleman I believe you're discussing.

Neither it or the youtube video of how to introduce the bees to a hive inspired any confidence in his product, hence we continued our search.

Did you contact the supplier I reccomended?

Craig - yes we did. All organised. Bees coming third week in May. Many thanks for the suggestion.

I notice that his site says the nucs are available from mid April. Did you ask him where his queens are coming from?

Dil

When I bought mine from him they came from Hawaii. They are checked by the rbi/sbi who both happen to be members of our association.

When I bought mine from him they came from Hawaii.

He should make that clear on his site. People will be buying his bees without being aware of the trouble they are storing up for themselves.

Dil

What trouble will they be buying??

The bees are very calm and produce a good crop of honey.
At least state what trouble you think there would be.

Last edited:
If you introduce them to the wrong area by the time you reach the F2 level they could be deadly. Let's hope you get away with it in your own area.

Dil

Latest posts

Back