• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nucs & colonies in Cornwall

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sputnam

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I'm taking orders for 5 frame nucs available in 1-2 weeks. Last year's queens, home reared, quiet productive stock. (I don't wear a bee suit, so they have to be quiet).

Also, in prob 4-6 weeks, 5 frame nucs, this year's queens, otherwise as above.

On the frame, national frames, for collection. ?50.

Sputnum your bees sound very good tempered,can I ask where the original queen was from that you have been breeding from.

I've had bees for about 35 years (since I was at school). They are a bit of a mixture, original colony was from my grandad, I bought 2 colonies about 10 years ago from a beekeeper near Falmouth, I've caught several swarms in West Cornwall. All my bees are selected from this mixture, dark bees, with temper the 1st priority.

I breed my new queens from my current favourites, chosen mainly on productivity & calmness. I'm touch on temperament, any queens heading aggressive colonies are replaced.

Hi Sputnam very interested in your 5 frame nucs,just need to no where you are based in Cornwall because what with me living in South Wales it`s a long way to travel.

Hi Sputnam

I'm after 2 nucs and might be interested in either last years or this. I'm in South Devon but often make forays in your direction

Things could change over this weekend so I'll get back to you asap

Cheers Si

I think every year you get a few kind folk who are happy to sell nucs for a very good price.

I think average this year is going to be around ?100 plus.

They sound perfect for me as a beginner. :) I'll take two! I'll give you a call to arrange details. :cheers2:

There are still some of the overwintered nucs with 2008 queens - strong & ready to go. Still some un-booked nuc's with 2009 queens - should be ready in 3-4 weeks weather permitting.

More interest ..

Please could you send me a PM with your tel # ? Thanks

Did you receive my PM sent yesterday? If not, I'd be very pleased to hear from you?
Regards.
Justin Collis

Hi Sputnam

Do you have an NUC's left?

Cheers
Pete

None available at the moment.I will have 10 ready in about a week, but they are all booked, more about 2 weeks later - prob all booked. I will then have another batch about 2-3 weeks later - none of these are booked yet.

Give me a ring if you're interested. Number in PM.

Stephen.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that we picked up our two nucs just under two weeks ago, and they're great. Worth the long trip. The bee inspector commented on what lovely bees they are. Bit of chalkbrood though, but nothing too serious.

Hi,

Glad they're doing well. They are nice quiet bees.

Incidentally, due to being let down, I have a couple more available now if anyone's interested.

Stephen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back