• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nucs and queens from Dark Cornish bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameskilty

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30 + nucs
I have a few overwintered nucs, late 2010 queens, ready early April . 2011 queen nucs ready late May on. The parent stock and the mating apiary are all black workers and drones respectively plus some signs of varroa tolerance - all my hives are in a breeding programme to develop the several traits involved. Chewing pupae has increased as a result. Any interest? Most of my previous sales have been to local beekeepers, though one valiant soul traveled from Shropshire twice and I found a local b&b for him! Customers sing their praises - mutual grooming has been observed; low temperature flying; good pollen gathering; frugal wintering; responsive to nectar flows; outperforming imports in Cornwall re harvestsl.

Collection only. Price £160. Discount £30 for beekeepers in Cornwall. If some worker hybrids I will reduce to £140 (still all-black drones!). Assess colonies and queens on transfer to your box early evening.

i will have queens from late May (verified all-black) £30; early May (unverified progeny £20). Post included

Hi

Are these bees still available? I'm based in Falmouth, new to bee keeping and just purchased a hive. Pick up will not be a problem for me. Please email me at [email protected] or alternatively call my mobile on 07835269579.

Kind Regards
Benjamin

PM sent ref Queens.....

cheers,

WM

queens

PM sent

Thanks

Love to try a Queen, HM may like the swathy Greeks!

Hope they are not homeing bees that could... navigating by lode lines of course... find their way from the Tamar boarder back to Pirate country!!!!

Sent PM

James, After a winter researching and learning, I'm looking for my first nuc/bees, do you have any 2010 nuc's left please?
I'm in Berks but can travel. Although there are nearer possible sources I would ideally like dark bees.

any mated queens left - possibly looking for three?

Disaster here

Hi James. i'm part of a native breeding program in Warwickshire, very interested in getting a fresh line of native bee as ours is declining. Have you got any mated AMM queens at present ?

Kevin

Latest posts

Back