• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

nucleus in north london

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baylor

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all-

New bee here, looking to get started with an urban hive this spring. I'm willing and able to travel to collect them!

Cheers
Baylor (London N5)

Hi all-

New bee here, looking to get started with an urban hive this spring. I'm willing and able to travel to collect them!

Cheers
Baylor (London N5)

what frames will you be using? i might have a source in North london of a langstroth 5 frame nuc of carnies or but they not my bees and do not know how "urban friendly" they are , as they are from a farm in Berkshire
i been offered them but i use 14x12 and it is a total pain changing from langstroth to 14x12.

Can't NL BKA get you a Nuc of italians

what is the location like where you will keep them?

Last edited:
Haven't bought my hive yet but was planning on nationals.

The hive will be in my back garden, so they do need to be rather on the docile/friendly side... :)

Edited to add: Yes have registered with NLBkA, but thought I'd put some feelers out.

Last edited:
I will have 5 frame nucs of quiet productive bees again this spring/summer. On BS deep frames.
I am some way away from you though.

Thanks Sputnam!

I should have qualified that "willingness to travel". :D I suspect that I won't be able to make it to Cornwall to collect them, sadly. *sigh*

I was thinking more M25/home counties-ish...

where abouts in North London Baylor I may be able to supply a 5 frame Nuc on either standard national or 16*10 but not for at least 4 weeks and even then it depends how active the queen has been. I have overwintered 1 off each but have also lost a colony.

Thanks sherwood... sorry to hear you lost one this year! I'm in Highbury so could fairly easily get up your way, I'd think. I'm not in a huge hurry, just looking now as I know a lot of "breeders" have their books full already for this spring.

Thanks sherwood... sorry to hear you lost one this year! I'm in Highbury so could fairly easily get up your way, I'd think. I'm not in a huge hurry, just looking now as I know a lot of "breeders" have their books full already for this spring.

i think it is normal for NLBKA to source their begineers cheap NUCS around £80-90

on here they would be £120-130+ and on the web £150 to £200

=seems to be a large number of gold italains in North london ,so you may be better going for them on 14x12 rather than a mongrel from outside london

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back