• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paullee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi I’m a newbeeker in seaford East Sussex and am after a nuc or Evan a swarm

Nucs available

Hi Paullee

I have captured 3 swarms in the past couple of weeks. The first has a marked queen and she is actively laying. I will check on the next one in a couple of days. Each swarm will be sold as 5 National frame poly nucs and will cost £100 each. Are you interested?

Regards

Jackie

It’s the done thing to give swarms away free, simply charging for frames, foundation and any box supplied.

what you've been offered Paullee aren't nucs - just caught swarms of dubious provenance, one of them you don't even know the age of the queen.
Immoral to charge more than the price of the frames for a swarm

The poly nuc is about £40 so the bees are about £60. Doesn't seem a bad deal to me to get started!
Someone has taken the trouble to collect the swarm and provided the hive and frames and foundation. You all seem a bit tough to me! A simple requeen if you want to!
E

The poly nuc is about £40 so the bees are about £60. Doesn't seem a bad deal to me to get started!
Someone has taken the trouble to collect the swarm and provided the hive and frames and foundation. You all seem a bit tough to me! A simple requeen if you want to!
E
Less the price of frames and foundation as well, seems pretty decent if you're not lucky enough to know someone giving swarms away, it's not like the reply is hiding what they're offering.

It’s still trying to get round paying the forum for a sale
What's the point in having a wanted section if you can't reply or get shot down if you do?

Less the price of frames and foundation as well, seems pretty decent if you're not lucky enough to know someone giving swarms away, it's not like the reply is hiding what they're offering.

What's the point in having a wanted section if you can't reply or get shot down if you do?

I agree with your first point. It’s a design fault.
As for your second, etiquette has it that swarms aren’t sold on. It’s not being shot down. The vendor hasn’t come back and it’s likely here is not the only place they have posted the offer.

The OPs are all old and I suspect this offer hasn’t even been seen.
Mountains and molehills.

E

I still wouldn't want to pay for a swarm ... Maybe if and that's a big if it had been requeened already.
Eric you say a simple requeen you make it sound easy.

Latest posts

Back