• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

nuc wanted where do I go?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosief

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am a 'newby' and need a nuc. I am not sure who sells these and I need to 'put my name down' ASAP.
I am hoping to get a nuc of British black bees and will collect them I live in N W Leicestershire please can someone advise me

Not so easy to get British Black bees. I suggest;
First join your local association and see if you make a bee buddy who can sell you some bees.

If not you pursue Mikethebee or similar. You could send him a Private Message, or look him up on the net under Easybee.

Good luck,
Poly

Try The Great Little Honey Co

Richard the owner has some dark bees and he would make a nuc from dark bees if you ask. He does not profess to have British blacks. But some of his colonies have similar traits.

He is on the web.

W

Are the bees on the website the same bees they sell ?

I see the orange bees in the picture. He has 1000 odd colonies. He has bought many types of bee over the years. Many from Norton. The bees in the picture you posted look like Norton bees.

Hence. Ask for a black bee to be chosen specially from his stock. He has some apiaries tucked away in the middle of know where. Some of these look very dark.

The darker bees seemed to cope better last season.

I have seen his nucs and if you collect you can see the colour etc. I have had some of his bees as well. Also not to far from Leicester.

W

Latest posts

Back