• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc wanted in Melton Mowbray / Grantham area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Doctor

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A friend and I are just starting out - we're on a course and have bought a lot of kit including a lovely cedar wood national hive and half an acre to put it in.

All we need now is bees. Anybody help? There is not rush for this one - May June would be great.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean

are you doing the L&RBKA courses

welconme to the forum

Mik

Yes - we start at the l & R BK apiary next Tuesday night. We have completed the theory part of the course.

Sean

Jim Jim Jim!! you just know she is going to get you back for that :rofl:

How's this for a start......

crushed-6.gif

Frisbee :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry - not a medic but a propper doctor - Phd. Known to friends as Dr T. Bit of a joke really as the Phd was a waste of time other than the fancy title on my bank account and a new nick name.

Sure no-one's got any spare bees? Lovely hive waiting for them in a rape seed oil free rural environment (at least this year it is, the local farmers seem to prefer wheat).

Sean

Sean, if your on a course why are they not supporting you with the offer of bees?

I cant tell if you are after buying or after 'spare' free bees.

Jez

if not in a rush I would wait, most suppliers are a month behind regardless due to the late Winter and drones are light on the ground so swarming will be late too.

You will get a nuc of bees, its just a waiting game until ppl start splits etc - they get advertised on here too

so swarming will be late too.

Depends on location i suppose,plus strength of colonys.

so swarming will be late too.

Depends on location i suppose,plus strength of colonys.

true, its just I know the drones are very low in numbers around here and they wont swarm without - have we heard of UK swarms starting yet?

last year I had dealt with 2-3 at this stage of the year already.

JD

I have several that are in swarming mode now,will they achieve there ambition,no not if i have anything to do with it.

Still looking for bees in the Notts/Derbyshire/ Lincs area for a sensible price.

Sean

Can I be so bold as to suggest you contact Poly Hive - Very good bees - I got a couple of nucs off him a few weeks ago, and supered one after only 10 days...

Sean, can you phone please kay bate @ 14.38 please

Latest posts

Back