• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc wanted in Bromley, London

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SillyWilly

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Hi,

I know it's late in the season, but I'm looking for a nuc.
I'm a beginner and I've been on a course and I have a hive ready to go :)

Thanks,

Will

Hi SillyWilly,

Welcome to the world of beekeeping!

Just wanted to check, if you have your Bees yet, otherwise we might have a Nuc available for you. I checked yesterday and got the first mated queens from this year. I would prefer to give them another 1-2 weeks, to make sure they are fully working and BIAS. The queen will be marked and we would have either a 5 or 6 Frame Nuc (no box included).

Oh and the bees are in Kent. Just get in touch.

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm still interested, I have a hive all sorted. One issue though is that my hive takes deep National frames (14”x12”) - can you supply on this size? I don't have a Nuc box (yet) - any recommendations?

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm still interested, I have a hive all sorted. One issue though is that my hive takes deep National frames (14”x12”) - can you supply on this size? I don't have a Nuc box (yet) - any recommendations?

as I have just put in middle of box with 14x12 either side, you'll be able to gradually move the smaller frames to the edges, then replace with the bigger frame, they will only build brace comb on the smaller frames, no big deal

Hi,
Unfortunately, I have the "normal" DN4 size Brood Box, but as ratcatcher suggested, it is possible to transfer them over. It will be up to you, just let us know if you would be still interested.

I have checked one of the Nucs today and that one had 3 Frames of BIAS, so she is developing well. I will check the other potential candidates in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back