• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc Wanted Gloucestershire and surrounding area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROACHMAN

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
50+
Hi there, hopefully you can help me.

Im after a nuc of bees to fill my brand new hive. Please contact me if you can help.

James

ROACHMAN,

You have two colonies and are looking for outside assistance/purchase of a nuc!?!

Elucidate a little? GYO comes to mind.

RAB

I actually have one colony that is very weak and might not make it and an empty hive which is why I need a nuc

James

Sorry, I was working on the best information available. Your details show two colonies.

Maybe you need some suggestions re your colony? How weak? Disease, varroa load, foraging? Is she laying? How much stores and space? All things which might have a bearing on the matter.

Regards, RAB

RAB

The queen doesnt seem to be laying, I dont know why considering she was replaced last year. Perhaps the cold weather has held her back. Theres plenty of stores in the hive but only a couple of hundred workers

I have tried easy bee but they havnt got any until mid May, I was hoping to get one before that, if I cant ill get one from easy bee.

JaMES

Yep thats a loser. Either she didn't lay because she couldn't, or if she were to lay there are insufficient workers to support any larvae. Seems to have gone from 2 colonies on your profile to zero. All you can do is wait until swarms or nucs become available.

If you have a few more bees than just a couple hundred, you might try to box her into a small well insulated nuc and hope. Not a lot of hope going around for it but one never knows....

RAB

Somerford, I live in Water Eaton which is about a mile from Cricklade. I am assuming you live in Great or Little Somerford ???

Roachman

Latest posts

Back