• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

nuc wanted Derbyshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little blue

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Brand new bee-lover wants nuc in central Derbyshire,
hive stood empty all last year after being screwed by a company who promised to deliver....

Would love to get started asap, than be on the local association waiting list for ever!

Thanks

Welcome to the forum LittleBlue. Not like an established firm to bilk their clients. :grouphug:

Who was the firm and what were the circumstances? I presume that you followed it up and got no satisfaction?

I changed an order with Thornes by telephone from wired brood foundation and wired super foundation, to wired brood and unwired super. The invoice arrived OK, but the brood foundation was unwired. A quick telephone in December and they sent me the wired brood foundation. 200 sheets.

To save costs, I will be taking the unwired brood foundation with me when I visit Stonleigh and check it in then, when the note against my customer record will record the event.

I am more than impressed that they trust me sufficiently to let me hold their money for the best part of 4.5 months. I have a trading record with them, but i'm just one of many and not that significant. You can read similar reports from other members regarding the same and other suppliers, so although there might be a few fast types out there, they are very much in the minority I am glad to say.

hi little blue i may have one for sale in may all going well, im in Derby

PLEASE!!! please please please!
that would be great, andypigeon, we are about 20 miles from Derby. And cant wait to get started!

Hombre, I eventually got a refund (a cheque in the post with no acknowledgement) I appreciate the world of beekeeping has been inundated with health problems, but the company gave me so many false arrangements, broken delivery times, then said they wouldnt deliver (I'd paid a huge fee for it!) then several months after the original delivery time, told me the nuc was diseased.
By then, it was too late to get any from anywhere else.
And whilst they still had my money, I couldnt afford to.
It wasnt thornes, they are great!

In derbyshire looking for a Nuc if anyone else can help.
Dan.

Just upping the thread, in case of early swarms or too many bees in your hives!
seen some lovely worker bees in the garden now the suns out....

Hope yours have over-wintered well?

free bees

Just upping the thread, in case of early swarms or too many bees in your hives!
seen some lovely worker bees in the garden now the suns out....

Hope yours have over-wintered well?

If you still want Bees please contact me.Kay Bate 01332 595437, [email protected]

You can have mine free, derby central

Thats great little blue now the fun and games starts strap yourself in and enjoy the ride

Latest posts

Back