• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc/Colony wanted Bristol/Bath Area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDave

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All,

I am after a Nuc. or an established colony. Happy to travel to collect.

Many thanks.

Thanks for reminding me Beanwood!

A bit off topic but having never been to a bee auction before, what is people's opinion; is it a good place to buy bees in terms of a)knowing what you are getting and b)price (do prices get inflated due to 'auction fever')?

Thanks.

Thanks for reminding me Beanwood!

A bit off topic but having never been to a bee auction before, what is people's opinion; is it a good place to buy bees in terms of a)knowing what you are getting and b)price (do prices get inflated due to 'auction fever')?

Thanks.

They get a written report posted on a board re the state of the colony (brood frames, disease, bee type etc) - done by experienced GBKA members I guess, but you can't actually look inside yourself.

Pricewise - reckon they'll be higher this year and the later ones generally go for more then the earlier ones cos people are more desperate by then :/.

Auction fever is another matter, just take the cash you want to spend (or the wife!)

Thanks Davnig! Is the price not 'tempered' in any way by the fact that Mr 'Easy bee products' is just down the road and we could go and buy one from him after the auction for a set price?

Thanks Davnig! Is the price not 'tempered' in any way by the fact that Mr 'Easy bee products' is just down the road and we could go and buy one from him after the auction for a set price?

Hmm, i don't know. I would think prices won't go above the standard price you can buy a nuc for at moment (about 150/160 it looks like). well people are daft if they do, but then when auction fever strikes !!

And depends if people want carnolian, notice easy bee does carnies.

Latest posts

Back