Now THIS is a bee suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShinySideUp

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
None, ex-beekeeper
Scientists in Washington extracted the US's first nest of Asian giant hornets in October

They are the suits the Americans have to use before they tackle the Asian Giant Hornet.

More Michelin man then beekeeper, but then again who would want to be stung from one of those monsters.
I did read that they managed to extract the colony out of the ground nest with a hoover/suction device.

Must be lovely in hot weather🥵

Didn't they find an inordinate number of new queens too?
Yes, latest I read was that some 200 queens were also found in the nest vacuumed from the base of a tree. I expect in time more will come out whether they wee emerged queens or not. Looks like Washington state and the surrounding area's will be on their guard next year for possible sighting's.

Can we ban any link to an article that uses the "M" word in regard to these hornets please? Click-bait journalistic nonsense. Rant over, sorry.
Yes maybe just call if the Chinese hornet. Or would that have been the Trump headline😂

Latest posts

Back