Nov BBKA Exams

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not learned of these yet. Why are they necessary?

no idea, why would anyone go to school, let alone university?

Lol, good point.

As I understand it there are two exam periods each year where only ONE module may be completed.
So it's 3.5 yrs to do all seven.

Have I understood that correctly.

As I understand it there are two exam periods each year where only ONE module may be completed.
So it's 3.5 yrs to do all seven.

Have I understood that correctly.

I think you've misunderstood.

Nowadays, all Module exams are to be offered twice each year. /// http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25408
And you are permitted to sit up to 4 on the same day.

So you'll be able to do it in less that one year! :)

Ah great, 1 year hmmm.

Maybe I'll give it a go but I'll need to get one of those Marvo the Memory Man books !!

Thanks

After 30 years of beekeeping do you really need the badge ?

I can't remember what I had for breakfast sometimes and the prospect of sitting in an exam room after a break from exams of over 45 years leaves me not even knowing my name - couple that with having to write legibly (rather than type !) .... no chance for me !! Even if I wanted to ....

After 30 years of beekeeping do you really need the badge ?

I can't remember what I had for breakfast sometimes and the prospect of sitting in an exam room after a break from exams of over 45 years leaves me not even knowing my name - couple that with having to write legibly (rather than type !) .... no chance for me !! Even if I wanted to ....

Not really if I'm honest, but having had a 5 yr break it wouldn't hurt, besides it won't be long before you need a licence to keep bees and a requirement for qualification being a requisite. (controversial bit over :) ) Truth is there is much I can learn and with my memory failing it might be useful to keep refreshing it.
As to the exams, the great thing at my (our) age is that I couldn't care less if I fail. :icon_204-2:

As to the exams, the great thing at my (our) age is that I couldn't care less if I fail. :icon_204-2:

You'd really sit an exam you couldnt care less about the result ?!
Setting yourself up for a fall IMHO

Not really if I'm honest, but having had a 5 yr break it wouldn't hurt, besides it won't be long before you need a licence to keep bees and a requirement for qualification being a requisite. (controversial bit over :) ) Truth is there is much I can learn and with my memory failing it might be useful to keep refreshing it.

Well I'll be the first in the queue for the Subvertive Beekeepers Club then ...

You'd really sit an exam you couldnt care less about the result ?!
Why not? It's mostly a hobby, and the skills aren't readily transferable.

The exams are self-funded, but aren't too horribly expensive. The modules don't seem to have a particular academic level, but some are quite challenging so it might still be interesting to have a go. They only list the successes in the magazine, so there isn't much to lose.

Ah great, 1 year hmmm.

Maybe I'll give it a go but I'll need to get one of those Marvo the Memory Man books !!

Thanks

Actually, 18 months is probably the minimum, because you can't take Mod 8 until you've passed all the others ...

However, if you want to spin it out a bit and go into each one in appropriate depth, you are permitted up to 12 years from taking the first to the last.
And anyway after 12 years, half of what you learned will be out of date, and all of us would likely have forgotten the other half! :)

Latest posts

Back