Not stocking Troway Hall/Medibee honey anymore - Looking for a new honey supplier.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Competition is good.

How would you like it if someone but a load of hives in a field next to yours and the bees had to compete for forage. Only so much competition is good. When saturation point is reached people go out of business because they have not enough income to keep going and live beings starve when there is too much competition for the available amount of food.

How would you like it if someone but a load of hives in a field next to yours and the bees had to compete for forage.

They already do, hundreds of them, i don't mind, as i said, competition is good, if you can't stick competition you should not be in business anyway.

Perhaps if more people thought about stuff like that there would be less food related upset stomachs

Or maybe if people weren't so paranoid about food processing and not eating anything if it hasn't had the b**gery cooked out of it or everything sterliized to the nth degree people's immune systems would be more robust and they would get less food related upset stomachs - just a thought

Last edited:
Or maybe if people weren't so paranoid about fod processing and not eating anything if it hasn't had the b**gery cooked out of it or everything sterliized to the nth degree people's immune systems would be more robust and they would get less food related upset stomachs - just a thought

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2::ohthedrama:
E

Or maybe if people weren't so paranoid about food processing and not eating anything if it hasn't had the b**gery cooked out of it or everything sterliized to the nth degree people's immune systems would be more robust and they would get less food related upset stomachs - just a thought

:yeahthat:
I don't eat much meat but I do enjoy a decent aged sirloin steak from favourite supplier, flash fried for 30 seconds each side. None of this cooking to death stuff for me :)

Oh...and a wonderful way to eat honey is warm,scooped straight from the hive bees legs and all....but I keep forgetting that I have a veil on!

Last edited:
:yeahthat:
I don't eat much meat but I do enjoy a decent aged sirloin steak from favourite supplier, flash fried for 30 seconds each side. None of this cooking to death stuff for me :)

Oh...and a wonderful way to eat honey is warm,scooped straight from the hive bees legs and all....but I keep forgetting that I have a veil on!

Same for me as regards the steak - like EricA, I like them overdone occasionally:D. I still remember the cheer from the kitchen at our local hostelry when the chef heard me dictate the proper meaning of 'bleu' to the waiter "tell the chef to rip it's horns off, wipe it's a*se then threaten it with a red hot skillet."

I've also done the old honey straight from the hive/veil trick (once in Africa!) you can just about manage to suck it through the veil without too much of a mess!

Same for me as regards the steak - like EricA, I like them overdone occasionally:D. I still remember the cheer from the kitchen at our local hostelry when the chef heard me dictate the proper meaning of 'bleu' to the waiter "tell the chef to rip it's horns off, wipe it's a*se then threaten it with a red hot skillet."

I've also done the old honey straight from the hive/veil trick (once in Africa!) you can just about manage to suck it through the veil without too much of a mess!

There is a big difference between a steak running with blood which may have been exposed to bacteria from excrement in the abattoir and honey which has antibacterial properties(as is often stated on here) I presume you don't eat E.Coli deliberately. Though I do believe it is available as a treatment(under controlled conditions) for people who have severe problems with inability to digest food properly due to overuse of antibiotics.
Incidentally I do not heat treat my honey I give it a basic 2 stage filter. I eat honey from brace-comb and comb which has been used for brood.

They already do, hundreds of them, i don't mind, as i said, competition is good, if you can't stick competition you should not be in business anyway.

So you don't see a problem with someone flooding the area your hives are in with hives of their own. Presumably you don't depend on income from it so you don't have a problem with a much reduced honey yeald.

So you don't see a problem with someone flooding the area your hives are in with hives of their own. Presumably you don't depend on income from it so you don't have a problem with a much reduced honey yeald.

You can't stop it and there is nothing to say that first person there owns the honey crop for the area. We don't even 'own' our own bees let alone the flora of the area.
You seem to want a fair society as long as it suits your own cause!
E
( tin hat on)

Latest posts

Back