Not so much toy story as fly story

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
150 +
Hi all,
I came across this article today whilst surfing the web (yes....you've guessed it....it's raining and I ain't working!) and just had to share it with you all........

Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatter
A French pensioner blew up his kitchen while trying to kill a fly that was disturbing his dinner.
The incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud, north east of Bordeaux, on Friday.
Irritated by the fly, the 80-year-old, who has not been named, took out an electronic bug zapper.
The contraption – which looks like a tennis racquet – is designed to burn insects the moment there is contact.
'On this occasion, gas was leaking into the man's house,' said an investigating source. 'The very hot zapper ignited the gas, causing a sudden explosion.
'The man was lucky to get away with a burned hand after diving on the floor, but the kitchen was destroyed along with part of the roof.'
The fly had been disturbing the man while he was eating dinner, but the gas had been left on, causing an explosion when he used the electronic swatter.
The man was treated in hospital in Libourne following the disaster, which happened at around 7.45pm.
He has not been allowed to return to the house and is instead staying in a local campsite until repairs are carried out.
It is not known whether the fly survived the blast, but it appeared that it had at least escaped being incinerated by the zapper.

I hate to think what would have happened if it was a bee:cry:! and how did they search for the fly and knew that it had escaped? Mmmmmm......questions, questions, questions.:LOL:

Hi all,
I came across this article today whilst surfing the web (yes....you've guessed it....it's raining and I ain't working!) and just had to share it with you all........

Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatter
A French pensioner blew up his kitchen while trying to kill a fly that was disturbing his dinner.
The incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud, north east of Bordeaux, on Friday.
Irritated by the fly, the 80-year-old, who has not been named, took out an electronic bug zapper.
The contraption – which looks like a tennis racquet – is designed to burn insects the moment there is contact.
'On this occasion, gas was leaking into the man's house,' said an investigating source. 'The very hot zapper ignited the gas, causing a sudden explosion.
'The man was lucky to get away with a burned hand after diving on the floor, but the kitchen was destroyed along with part of the roof.'
The fly had been disturbing the man while he was eating dinner, but the gas had been left on, causing an explosion when he used the electronic swatter.
The man was treated in hospital in Libourne following the disaster, which happened at around 7.45pm.
He has not been allowed to return to the house and is instead staying in a local campsite until repairs are carried out.
It is not known whether the fly survived the blast, but it appeared that it had at least escaped being incinerated by the zapper.

I hate to think what would have happened if it was a bee:cry:! and how did they search for the fly and knew that it had escaped? Mmmmmm......questions, questions, questions.:LOL:

https://www.tfes.org/

Latest posts

Back