Not changed much here has it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one for the valueless pile.
At least Jbm and o90o post mostly about bees rather than people, or rather they used to:(

One final observation; Have you noticed the ones that are most agitated about the demise of o90o and jbm have posts in the multi-thousands? Being 'king pins' on a bee forum is not the be all and end all of things. Time to get a life, lots of other things out there! I'm sure your mummy will let you....
This is in no way a reflection on the more normaland rational bee keepers out there, just the merry band of self-important demagogues. I think people have twigged who you are.
Now of course you can go crying to admin.....or just ponder on it.:calmdown:
Rest of the forum is brilliant resource and a good read.
Bye

Last edited:
My ears were burning so thought I'd come and see everyone. Glad to see some names I remember.

Somehow I've found myself recording and identifying wild bees, wasps and ants but still seeing Dusty every week and tending hive 2. Got some lovely glistening dark bees in that hive currently. I've come a long way from that terrified girl who was too scared to narrow down the entrance because the bees were bearding and the forum had to send someone out to stand with me ;)

Hi Caz, good to hear from you. Glad you are doing ok
E

Hi Caz, good to hear from you. Glad you are doing ok
E

Thank you! So pleased to see familiar names, every one played a huge part in getting me over my fear of buzzing things. I popped by last year but didn't recognise the place so very pleased to read this thread and see everyone.

B+ I still have alliums in my garden from those seeds you sent me! Took some lovely records from the tiny bees that visit them. Thank you.

Erica, JBM and Dusty have remained very good friends and a huge support to me on and off the forum.

I should pop by more often :)

we have one such troll on your thread that i am desperately trying to ignore
As long as finman and JBM are here to throw poppy seed at each other (try doing this from the tamar valley to finland, it isn't easy!) an abundance of high quality garden fertilizer will be produced.

As for me, I'm working with a Buckfast queen from which I've been producing daughters to mate with drones from my varroa resistant line. The F3's are highly productive, gentle, and very mite resistant.

Welcome back Kaz .. we've missed you (and Dusty). We've already had the argument about wasp traps so you've missed it !

Thank you! Re the wasp traps, that gives me a idea! If people do choose to use wasp traps it would be great if we could at least get some data out of it, but I think it warrants it's own thread.

Thank you! Re the wasp traps, that gives me a idea! If people do choose to use wasp traps it would be great if we could at least get some data out of it, but I think it warrants it's own thread.

Start one?
To my mind all you need is bees. You need a good covering of bees in EVERY frame. Even mating nucs can defend themselves if they are stuffed with bees. A reduced or more defendable entrance helps too... like a tunnel entrance that enables guard bees to line up in numbers.
Traps? Well how could you gather data? Is it the trap that saves the colony or the bees in it?
Difficult
I will be making sure all colonies are strong. That’s all.

Erichalfbee;680769 To my mind all you need is bees. You need a good covering of bees in EVERY frame. Even mating nucs can defend themselves if they are stuffed with bees..[/QUOTE said:
:iagree:

never had an issue with wasps
Don't often have weak colonies by the time wasps can be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back