Not changed much here has it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey Philip you’ve jogged some memories. Tom Bickerdyke built my first hive. Hand crafted in his workshop with such skill. Later he made me a mini wbc from cedar which is work of art.
I know a few on here did a week with Chris Broad shadowing his professional week, it’s something I always wanted to do but never had the bottle to ask anybody.
Karol’s extensive knowledge of wasp behaviour has enabled me to crack the wasp problem in my apiary and the bees are no longer bothered while my neighbours lose hives regularly to them. We talked one time for over an hour on the phone; a man really passionate about the subject.
Yes, some sorely missed

Crikey Philip you’ve jogged some memories. Tom Bickerdyke built my first hive. Hand crafted in his workshop with such skill. Later he made me a mini wbc from cedar which is work of art.
I know a few on here did a week with Chris Broad shadowing his professional week, it’s something I always wanted to do but never had the bottle to ask anybody.
Karol’s extensive knowledge of wasp behaviour has enabled me to crack the wasp problem in my apiary and the bees are no longer bothered while my neighbours lose hives regularly to them. We talked one time for over an hour on the phone; a man really passionate about the subject.
Yes, some sorely missed

Yes .. I learnt a lot from nearly all of them one way and another .. the fact that some of them still dip in but don't post tells a story.

Nice to have YOU back by the way.

Glad to see you back Dani and hope you are well.

I haven't been very active on the forum for some time - I thought there was too much abuse by some members.

I had a bit of a CBPV disaster last winter and lost two of my three colonies but I've picked up a couple of swarms recently, one of which looks promising.

All the best

CVB

Now that is ace news. Tom has a real feel for the bees. Must be the same spirituality as having a feel for wood.

Comes down to attention to detail, pretty much essential to quality work in both fields.

Tom Bickerdike is now SBI for West and North-West London, and it's very good to have him.

That is super news .. Tom's thread on foundationless beekeeping is one of the most sensible and well ordered threads we ever saw on here .. he's a thinking beekeeper and he must be an excellent SBI.

That is super news .. Tom's thread on foundationless beekeeping is one of the most sensible and well ordered threads we ever saw on here .. he's a thinking beekeeper and he must be an excellent SBI.

He has a good thread in treating a colony with nosema too
I tried his method and it works very well

Welcome back....so glad you beat, or are beating, whatever it was....best wishes.

Welcome back!

I don't post much but read occasionally and it's always good to see folk come back to a forum.

Croeso nôl, glad to hear you dodged a bullet.

Not much to add other than that which has already been said, glad you are feeling better and welcome back to the mad house :)

Yes, nice to have you back Erichalfbee and sorry to hear you've been poorly.
Here in the east I've had unaccustomed swarming fever. Many years my colonies don't swarm at all. This year i saw the odd charged queen cell in many hives but never a row of 'classical' swarm cells along the bottom of the combs. I assumed supercedure and complacently did nothing except provide more room. Despite weekly inspections several hives swarmed.
All this sounds like gross negligence and incompetence. I suppose it is. My only defence is that I've never experienced this pattern as far as I can remember (beekeeping since 1972). Maybe I should visit Specsavers/have a dementia check?

:welcome:

A voice of sanity .

RAB and Jenks got caught believing they were god (Old Testament fire and brimstone style, not modern and forgiving) and acting accordingly . Cast into outer darkness with wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Been gone for a while and on return, good news! Jenks and RAB are on an extended holiday hopefully a loooooong holiday:)

buzzin

Been gone for a while and on return, good news! Jenks and RAB are on an extended holiday hopefully a loooooong holiday:)

buzzin

I would welcome you back but I can't find a single post of yours that has any value whatsoever. You only seem to turn up when there is a an opportunity to have a go at RAB, JBM or the Cornish fraternity .. funny that isn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back