Not a swarm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyra

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Yesterday was a very hot day. Whilst in the garden I heard that familiar noise indicating a swarm. I was surprised as I had recently checked the girls and there was no sign on swarm activity. Sure enough, there they were all flying around looking as if they were about to move off. Then after some 5 minutes they just as quickly returned to the hive. I have never seen this before. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Yesterday was a very hot day. Whilst in the garden I heard that familiar noise indicating a swarm. I was surprised as I had recently checked the girls and there was no sign on swarm activity. Sure enough, there they were all flying around looking as if they were about to move off. Then after some 5 minutes they just as quickly returned to the hive. I have never seen this before. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I will be checking the hive again tomorrow. I watched the same thing happen today.

Classic orientation.

orientation flights?
Young bees coming out having a flight, going to the toilet or mapping the area. It happens on mass and often multiple hives.

Young bees coming out having a flight, going to the toilet or mapping the area. It happens on mass and often multiple hives.

actually wasnt question :)

more un answer question

mb anyway thnx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back