Nosema symptoms !!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moadaa

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello,
I'm beginner in beekeeping, and it seems that my hives present Nosema symptoms,
meanwhile the Fumagilin-B is inexistant where I live,
So please tell me if the is another way to cure my poor bees :sos::sos:

Get someone to help you with a 'bailey Frame Change' this will move to bees onto clean combs. without loss of brood.

When the brood has all hatched from the lower box, remove it and fumigate it with 80% acetic acid for a week. This will kill spores of nosema in that box and on the frames.

Feed the colony with 'hive alive' or 'Vita gold', this will help. (if you are going to do the feed part then remove supers and extract as the feed will contaminate the honey.

Fumigillan is no longer legal in the EU

Thank you, but

Try to get bee strain which tolerate nosema better
In fact that's what I'll do :iagree: but for the moment I can't afford it (actually I'm too poor). So I'm trying to stick on these bees by doing my best :sorry:.

Get someone to help you with a 'bailey Frame Change' this will move to bees onto clean combs. without loss of brood.

When the brood has all hatched from the lower box, remove it and fumigate it with 80% acetic acid for a week. This will kill spores of nosema in that box and on the frames.

Feed the colony with 'hive alive' or 'Vita gold', this will help. (if you are going to do the feed part then remove supers and extract as the feed will contaminate the honey.

Fumigillan is no longer legal in the EU

knowing that I'm newbie, and there are no stores from where I can get the medicament :hairpull:, I want to know just if there is a naturel way to cure bees , some people say that Thyme with syrup is useful, any idea about that ?

I've attached with the post a picture from the inside of the hive.

I want to know just if there is a naturel way to cure bees , some people say that Thyme with syrup is useful, any idea about that ?

I've attached with the post a picture from the inside of the hive.

A bailey frame change is completely natural you are moving the queen only clean frames and then removing the soiled frames and disinfecting them with acetic acid (another natural product)

Thymolated syrup is reputed to work for nosema however thymol does not readily dissolve in syrup.

Hive alive uses Thymol as an active ingredient!

If the soiling in the frames is nor removed and disinfected then the bees will become re-infected.

A bailey frame change is completely natural you are moving the queen only clean frames and then removing the soiled frames and disinfecting them with acetic acid (another natural product)

Thymolated syrup is reputed to work for nosema however thymol does not readily dissolve in syrup.

Hive alive uses Thymol as an active ingredient!

If the soiling in the frames is nor removed and disinfected then the bees will become re-infected.
:iagree:

Thank you Ruary, I'll do as you said and I'll try to report if something occurs.:paparazzi:

Sorry; under the red circle are we looing at nosema or K-wing?

It's K-wing, which is caused by acarine (tracheal mite). I think formic acid will deal with it, but NBU recommends re-queening susceptible colonies.

:iagree: I didn't look at the photo. K wing could be due to Acarine, and is not likely to be due to nosema. Dysentery on combs is the major symptom of Nosema apis, but Nosema cerenae does not necessarily show any symptoms.

Made a gallon of thymolated syrup because I read it would reduce nosema. The bees didn't touch a drop of it. Waste of good sugar.

Steve

Latest posts

Back