North Yorkshire forage

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compostcritter

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Does anyone know what the forage is like on the North Yorkshire moors? We are thinking of moving near Keld. There is no heather in the three mile radius of the house we are moving too and the fields are put down to sheep farming.

Husband and I camped there when we hiked the Coast to Coast :)
As long as there are hedgerows and trees there will be forage. Isn't the old youth hostel there now a pub with accommodation? Good excuse for a weekend away, have a look round.

Does anyone know what the forage is like on the North Yorkshire moors? We are thinking of moving near Keld.

Just to clarify.
Keld is Yorkshire Dales not moors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify.
Keld is Yorkshire Dales not moors.

Same old story. Southerners don't understand how big Yorkshire is. Keld is virtually in Cumbria. The Moors are to the east of the A1, the Dales to the west.

Has anyone noticed how actors, when called upon to speak in a
North Yorkshire accent, always talk as if they come from Sheffield, a city that's almost in Nottinghamshire. Sean Bean has a lot to answer for.

Same old story. Southerners don't understand how big Yorkshire is.

Nor how much bigger it used to be.

I prefer to think in Ridings. Especially as so much of "North Yorkshire" is really my native West Riding.

Even the North Riding where I am in exile lost a chunk to Co Durham.

What hurts most though is that parts of Yorkshire were taken into Lancashire.

Latest posts

Back