No more hive thefts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ... against my better judgement .. I've just wasted ten minutes re-reading the earlier posts on this thread and all I can see is a bit of encouragement, a few suggestions for alternative methods of security, a bit of humour and an over sensitive, arguably rude (at times) OP ... no piss taking directed at NFC whatsoever.

Sadly, IMO, it's a member we CAN do without .... too much attitude.

piss taking get you no where you laughed at my bee hunter gadget and you keep mocking, WHY ?

You must have mistaken me for someone else I never posted in that thread. I was making a quip about that you had not been on here for 6 weeks I was actually hoping you were working on it as I have had issues in the past with hives having been vandalised.

Maybe I was wrong to do so, but then we can all be wrong at times!!

You must have mistaken me for someone else I never posted in that thread. I was making a quip about that you had not been on here for 6 weeks I was actually hoping you were working on it as I have had issues in the past with hives having been vandalised.

Maybe I was wrong to do so, but then we can all be wrong at times!!

I didn't see what the big deal was about with your comment tbh. Maybe it was a case of mistaken identity as you say.

I was hoping that something would come of it.

@Bognor Regis, it's all summed up in your username name. Not betting on any revelations any time soon.

The phrase, grow up, comes to mind.

This is a total P-155 take in case you are in any doubt, and the message is not an overly complicated GOD ROD CANDIE.

Didn't work? Won't work?

Delayed? Possiby permanently?

Probably one, or a combination, of the above.

If hive thieves didn't burn the stolen hives microchips like they use on dogs might work but useless when they burn them.

Go for it Norfolk. Someone once invented a round thing that he called wheel. Everyone told him that it would never catch on. They said that heavier than air machines could never fly. They said that iron ships could never float. If you have an idea that can proof hives against theft - more power to your elbow. If it does not pan out it was worth trying. The modern world was not built by naysayers.

Hive Theft - a funny story

My bother bought two colonies from a dodgy supplier. They were allegedly Buckfast strain. They were NOT Buckfast (I think that they may have bought a F1 queen and had been breeding off it. F1's do not breed true). One hive developed into really evil little buggers. They would sting for no reason, even if you were 15 meters away from the hive. They would also chase and sting. Being anywhere near them was like playing skipping rope with razor wire.

One morning we noted that the bad hive was not stacked properly and there were dead bees on the lawn. The QE was above the super and the roof and crown board were not on straight. They are very attractive hives, craftsman made from varnished oak with a charming gabled roof and dovetail joints on all the boxes. We think that they were mistaken for purely garden ornaments and there was an attempt at theft. We think that when bees came flying out they slapped it back together as fast as they could and legged it. They obviously were not beeks. I doubt that they will try to steal a beehive again. The ultimate - if impractical - theft deterrent is perhaps bad bees.

My bother bought two colonies from a dodgy supplier. They were allegedly Buckfast strain. They were NOT Buckfast (I think that they may have bought a F1 queen and had been breeding off it. F1's do not breed true). One hive developed into really evil little buggers. They would sting for no reason, even if you were 15 meters away from the hive. They would also chase and sting. Being anywhere near them was like playing skipping rope with razor wire.

One morning we noted that the bad hive was not stacked properly and there were dead bees on the lawn. The QE was above the super and the roof and crown board were not on straight. They are very attractive hives, craftsman made from varnished oak with a charming gabled roof and dovetail joints on all the boxes. We think that they were mistaken for purely garden ornaments and there was an attempt at theft. We think that when bees came flying out they slapped it back together as fast as they could and legged it. They obviously were not beeks. I doubt that they will try to steal a beehive again. The ultimate - if impractical - theft deterrent is perhaps bad bees.
:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Latest posts

Back