No more hive thefts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norfolknchance

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am currently working on an invention that will make theft of hives a thing of the past, hopefully it will be ready just after Christmas

Sorry but the land mine and man trap already exist.

I am currently working on an invention that will make theft of hives a thing of the past, hopefully it will be ready just after Christmas

Go on then - give us a clue ...

Just the basic principle will do. The replies from here might save you an awful lot of time and effort ...

LJ

Cast Iron or concrete Hive, too heavy to lift ?

found an advert for a cast iron bolt together hive in an 1880 bee journal,

Perhaps "police looking for beehive thief with double hernia" springs to mind

Just add an axe?

a_toy_santa_popping_out_of_a_jack_in_the_box_0515-1011-1911-5053_SMU.jpg

Ready just before Christmas would have been a better marketing strategy, I reckon
:xmas-smiley-016:

Want to use some of my hives as a test site?

Had issues earlier this year.

ye of no faith

Just tryin' to be helpful. There's a lot of brain-power on this forum, and most halfway sensible ideas have been suggested and dismissed, usually because although they might possibly work, they were simply not practicable (or legal).

I remember one bloke who designed what he thought would be the 'ultimate mousetrap' without canvassing outside opinions first - his name was Clive Sinclair, and his 'ultimate mousetrap' being the C5. Such are the perils of non-disclosure.

Well, good luck ... but - it you're not going to give anybody even a 'clue' - I'm left wondering 'why on earth did you bother posting about something which doesn't yet exist' ?

A wind-up perhaps ?

LJ

wind up

Just tryin' to be helpful. There's a lot of brain-power on this forum, and most halfway sensible ideas have been suggested and dismissed, usually because although they might possibly work, they were simply not practicable (or legal).

I remember one bloke who designed what he thought would be the 'ultimate mousetrap' without canvassing outside opinions first - his name was Clive Sinclair, and his 'ultimate mousetrap' being the C5. Such are the perils of non-disclosure.

Well, good luck ... but - it you're not going to give anybody even a 'clue' - I'm left wondering 'why on earth did you bother posting about something which doesn't yet exist' ?

A wind-up perhaps ?

LJ
We are talking about beehives and I think its an insult sayin that as im goin to invent it and im goin to give the invention away or clues im not ive better things to do with my time than sit in forums winding people up so wasp the problem

wind up

A wind-up perhaps ?

LJ
We are talking about beehives and I think its an insult sayin that as im goin to invent it and im goin to give the invention away or clues im not ive better things to do with my time than sit in forums winding people up so wasp the problem

Im amazed at the negativity on here you laugh at me and mock me well you will be buying my invention soon and saying that's a bloody good idea

Wll done you. Can't wait to order mine.

Seven Kings Apiary

Back