No Booker Sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalow

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,
following a recent post regarding entry to Bookers to get cheaper sugar, I phoned my local booker store yesterday and asked for entry as I am a beek and have BBKA membership, The reply was "they did not know anything about this" and "I was unable to enter with my beekeeping card" .

I emailed Booker head office asking for clarification, No responce yet:toetap05:
So was the post information correct? and if so has anyone else had problems getting a Bookers Card??

Or was it the cleaner who answered the Phone :confused:as she did answer with "good afternoon Bookers" and it was 10.30 AM

:cheers2:

I rang my nearest one this morning to enquire, the person who answered the phone knew nothing about it but promised to find out and ring me back, they did so a while later, with details of how to register and what I need to take with me as id. I'm not in the BBKA so don't have a membership card.

Frisbee

Fris I belive they will let anyone in on a day pass. Or I am sure you could talk your way in?

What at Bookers? They just said I needed some sort of id - photo id or utility bill. I think I cunningly didn't mention BBKA membership cards, just asked what I needed...........I just mentioned that on here in case others are in the same boat. Thanks though.............:cheers2:

Frisbee

Hi frisbee,
I had no probs with my local branch, I am now a member and further to that ,they admit beekeepers carrying a current membership card , using my number during the transaction:).

John Wilkinson.
All cash/debit card. no credit so no probs.

I have a card that says "Beekeeper" on it.

I started to explain to the girl on the desk and half way through she cut me short and said "No problem the sugar is over there" and did me a card saying "dont forget you can buy anything else you want".

I took a passport and BBKA membership card but she did not ask to see anything.

Same here Fris,and got a card to use bookers at any time for anything they sell.

I purchased 200lb of sugar last week,the total cost is £14.00 a 25kg bag.

I have been buying 100lb every week since late april,but using somone elses card lol,and they collect it for me.

I have a card that says "Beekeeper" on it.

I started to explain to the girl on the desk and half way through she cut me short and said "No problem the sugar is over there" and did me a card saying "dont forget you can buy anything else you want".

I took a passport and BBKA membership card but she did not ask to see anything.
My customer card says 'trading name BRITISH BEEKEEPERS ASS'
hence the local card holding beekeepers being able to trade under the card number.

John Wilkinson

Thanks,
I will try again on monday, looks like it was the cleaner.. who answered the phone.

If you dont mind Jim I have stopped all that stuff since the police came to my door over the frozen turkey in Tesco incident.
Shouldn't this info be on the adult forum? :svengo::svengo:.

John Wilkinson

just got back from Bookers, called first to ask do they deal persons like me, got an answer that they need some proof of business but eventually asked me to take some photo ID and some kind utility bill with me.

On site they made a copy of my driving licence and put my business down as beekeeping. I didn't have anything to prove that i own 6 hives :D

bought 75 kg of sugar.

happy end.

Lauri

For those who have only one or two hives, Morrisons are curently doing an offer of 2 x 1kg of own brand sugar for £1.50. I realise that's more expensive than Bookers (75p v 56p), but it's not bad if you only want a small amount, and of course it's in handy 1kg bags.

For those who have only one or two hives, Morrisons are curently doing an offer of 2 x 1kg of own brand sugar for £1.50. I realise that's more expensive than Bookers (75p v 56p), but it's not bad if you only want a small amount, and of course it's in handy 1kg bags.

There is mention on another thread not to use Morrisons sugar as it contains something harmful.

Yours Roy

There is mention on another thread not to use Morrisons sugar as it contains something harmful]

I think it contains phosphate. I am not sure how if affects the bees though!

Hazem

Latest posts

Back