Nitrile gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Where is the best place to get them from. I have done a google but it keeps comming up with cases of them instead of a box of 100.

Hi Veg,
The ONLY company to do nitrile gloves with long cuffs, like the ones the bee inspectors use is marigold. item number NT14B PF. They are avalible in all sizes and are in boxes of 50... cost about £11.50 per box.....ouch //
Dean

Pete do the st johns ones have longish cuffs?

Hi Sphex,I noticed you had become missing in action,welcome back to the forum..

These are from Screwfix, lasted three hive inspections with washing hive tools and were still OK.

Last edited:
You must have very calm bee's Dulwich ;)

Don't you just know it!!

I'm not a fan of leather gauntlets, most bees will give an unhappy buzz if you trap a leg or start to crunch them and in these gloves you can feel it.

I tried Johnsons baby power with them but the smell is too floral, I now use Tescos own brand.

Mike.

mole valley farmers (west country only sorry) have a great range of gloves avaiable for sale.

i've got some great green ones, totally sting proof, nice long gauntlets, about £2.50 each. last a season at least. and i can wash the honey/sting off them too. much better than sheeps leather.

Hello Sam,welcome to the forum.

Although Mole valley is just west country most counties have a farmer co-operative store's,our local ones are called Scats.

If you are after a cheaper glove there is an alternative which is a latex glove, not as strong but you pay your money and take your choice although am not sure how sting prrof they are. Starting to think that for those of us who use gloves to handle bees this type of glove is better than the leather ones as mine are getting covered in propolis.

Hello Sam,welcome to the forum.

Although Mole valley is just west country most counties have a farmer co-operative store's,our local ones are called Scats.

Thats a name from the past Admin, thought Scats had vanished a long time ago.

hi all
does anyone know how to gauge wot size you might need ??

Latest posts

Back