• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

nice buckfast queen wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hivemaker on this forum is a breeder of Buckfast queens with an excellent reputation I would pm him or Google exmoor bees and beehives.

k will get one when i get back from ibiza, and if anyone has never been here before, then dont bother

still need one as my queens gone for a week now and there 3 queen cells being made, do I leave them to make a new queen or destroy any/ all of them

I guess you missed placing an order with Hivemaker on the forum as he has queens at the moment and four arrive tomorrow but suspect the rest are all accounted for but worth a pm.

Have you tried Pete Little, Ged Marshall or bshoneybees? Or google????;)

My 2 x queens from Hivemaker were placed into my hives on Friday and are in the process of being introduced right now, fingers and toes crossed.......

By the way Thank you very much Hivemaker

I guess you missed placing an order with Hivemaker on the forum as he has queens at the moment and four arrive tomorrow but suspect the rest are all accounted for but worth a pm.

i have pm him for price but no responce of cost just postage costs and have 2 queenless hives that i will probly loose now

He's got a website too - exmoor bees and beehives - which has a contact number and he'll happily provide advice about queen introduction. Or at least he did in 2012!

i have pm him for price but no responce of cost just postage costs and have 2 queenless hives that i will probly loose now

How long have the hives been queenless?
Do they still have any capped brood?
What happened to the 3 queen cells you had a couple of weeks ago?

I suspect there's every chance to save the colonies.

i had a swam move in and strated fighting with my other bees, so i splt them up in 2 hives and lost the 3 queencells, drones ect so just have bees, honey, no brood or drones so was hopeing to get 2 queens in there asap to see if i can save them or is it to late now :-((

Last edited:
No reason to think it's too late to save them. There are a dozen or so places that a Google search will reveal that may be able to sell you a queen. However, it might be best to contact your local association first - this time of year there's a fair chance someone local has spare queens.

Back