NHS - Poor Cost Control

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bless you, Bryang, for coping with all that and managing to continue beekeeping. Very best wishes for 2022.👍
Thank you Amari... A follow on from original post.. I was given a low chance of survival because I had heart problems, 16 days after surgery I came home, 3 days later I had a good heart attack, so was 999'd back into hospital was kept in. On July 3rd I had a quadruple bypass and was discharged on the 9th..

Thank you Amari... A follow on from original post.. I was given a low chance of survival because I had heart problems, 16 days after surgery I came home, 3 days later I had a good heart attack, so was 999'd back into hospital was kept in. On July 3rd I had a quadruple bypass and was discharged on the 9th..
Phew. You deserve to live to 100 after that.

Now I've just been reminded of part of the book "Carrying the Fire" by Michael Collins (the "First Man Never To Land On The Moon", as it were), his story of the first Moon landing. He talks about certain internal examinations being done with an instrument that if I recall correctly the astronauts nicknamed "The Eel of Steel" (or something along those lines).

That discomfort aside, I highly recommend the book if you're at all interested in the Moon landing.

James

I was 18 and working in a factory that summer before going up to university. My shift that day was 6am till 2pm. I sat up all night glued to the big square tele with a tiny screen to watch that.

so was I and I don't recall it either, strangely enough I do remember the investiture of the fake prince of Wales

That one passed me by as well, but we didn't move to Wales until 1970 or possibly 1971 and my family doesn't really do the whole royalty thing anyhow.

James

my family doesn't really do the whole royalty thing anyhow.
neither does mine really, being descended from Welsh royalty who can reach back further than the current importees we find it rather middle class 😁

• Haha
Reactions: mbc
I was only two and a half at the time, so sadly I don't recall it.

James

From what they have reported of their ailments here, most forum members were around when the Wright brothers made their first flight. ;)

From what they have reported of their ailments here, most forum members were around when the Wright brothers made their first flight. ;)
I remember my grandfather on his ninetieth birthday, lovingly clutching my grandmother's hand and whispering to me 'do you remember the stories about them putting stuff in our tea during the war to cool our amorous urges? I think the bloody stuff have just kicked in!'

neither does mine really, being descended from Welsh royalty who can reach back further than the current importees we find it rather middle class 😁

Are you allowed to call yourself properly Welsh unless you have a direct line of descent from Owain Glyndŵr?

I'm actually a Cockney, but consider myself "Welsh by inclination", having grown up there. And I was even taught to speak Welsh at school, though most beyond "Sospan Fach" is now long-forgotten. My brothers were both born in Wales, but one was in Abergavenny, so he's practically English anyhow, and the other was in Tredegar which is an improvement, though not a huge one.

James

Are you allowed to call yourself properly Welsh unless you have a direct line of descent from Owain Glyndŵr?
he was only a pseudo Welshman, my lineage goes back much further than his, in actual fact one of my ancestors founded the Tudor dynasty and he actually codified laws to protect bees, beekeepers and makers of mead.

he was only a pseudo Welshman, my lineage goes back much further than his, in actual fact one of my ancestors founded the Tudor dynasty and he actually codified laws to protect bees, beekeepers and makers of mead.

The problem is that as you go further and further back, everyone is potentially related to everyone else. If you said it's about 25 generations since the House of Tudor was founded (mid 1400s?) and each generation had two children who survived to have children of their own (probably a conservative figure), I think that's enough to cover half the population of the UK. Obviously there's a certain amount of inbreeding that alters the numbers too. I know. I've been to Merthyr.

James

The problem is that as you go further and further back, everyone is potentially related to everyone else. If you said it's about 25 generations since the House of Tudor was founded (mid 1400s?) and each generation had two children who survived to have children of their own (probably a conservative figure), I think that's enough to cover half the population of the UK. Obviously there's a certain amount of inbreeding that alters the numbers too. I know. I've been to Merthyr.

James
so basically the current mob of parasites have no more right to 'own' the country than the rest of us, especially as they were only brought in as contractors as our Royals had died off. 😁 .
One of my father's favourite sayings was 'my great (x21) Grandfather owned most of South West Wales, now I own a large mortgage on a very small part of it'

so basically the current mob of parasites have no more right to 'own' the country than the rest of us, especially as they were only brought in as contractors as our Royals had died off. 😁 .

Quite right. We all know they're really Germans anyhow. Changing your name doesn't fool anyone.

James

Don't recall that but as a schoolboy I recall watching Vulcan bombers flying overhead from RAF Finningly towards the north sea morning and evening plus Bloodhound and Thor missiles being stationed at Breighton. Fortunately the missiles weren't flying.😎

Latest posts

Back